Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Personal but vagina is leaking a lot

(19 Posts)
KayBlake Wed 17-Aug-16 09:03:49

I'm anywhere between 7-10 days pregnant and my vagina keeps leaking a watery substance. I keep feeling like I'm getting my period suddenly and rush to the bathroom but it's just a very clear liquid and as well as this when I had sex yesterday I was producing a lot more white discharge than normal

Is this normal?

Whatsername17 Wed 17-Aug-16 09:05:40

Totally normal. Your body is making your mucous plug and the extra discharge helps to keep your vagina clean. Congratulations!

kilmuir Wed 17-Aug-16 09:06:38

Agree that's normal.feels like period is coming.

KayBlake Wed 17-Aug-16 09:12:15

Thank you smile

Did anyone else get it this early on though? hmm

PotteringAlong Wed 17-Aug-16 09:14:00

You're not 7-10 days pregnant though. If you were 7-10 days pregnant you wouldn't have even got a positive pregnancy test yet.

PotteringAlong Wed 17-Aug-16 09:14:24

But yes, completely normal and feels like period is about to start.

thecatsarecrazy Wed 17-Aug-16 09:27:57

Yep normal. I had this alot. By the time I got to work my knickers would be soggy. Does settle down

Havingkittens04 Wed 17-Aug-16 12:19:42

Had this throughout first trimester. Eugh! Kept expecting to find blood when I went to the loo to check what the hell it was. Much less in second trimester though.

BalancingStick Wed 17-Aug-16 22:04:00

I've had this every day since finding out I was pregnant. I'm now 23 weeks and it hasn't stopped. Stock up on panty liners is my recommendation.

livinginabox Wed 17-Aug-16 23:14:31

This has always been my first symptom of pregnancy way before I got a positive test. Totally normal and nothing to worry about.

Becciilouisex3 Thu 18-Aug-16 07:48:29

All the way through I've had a huge amount of discharge which started pretty much straight away. As long as it's clear and odourless it should be fine and if it continues it is just a normal pregnancy symptom for you!
I have so much that on many many occasions I've sworn I've wet myself or my waters have broken until I've reached a toilet haha! Good luck with your pregnancy flowers

BertieBotts Thu 18-Aug-16 09:12:43

Yes totally normal smile pantyliners help.

BTW pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period so you're probably 3-4 weeks if you're 7-10 days post ovulation.

twoundertwowillbefun Fri 19-Aug-16 22:57:46

The 'white period' of pregnancy grin I'm 37 weeks and still get it!!

KayBlake Sat 20-Aug-16 06:15:07

But even during sex I produce so much creamy discharge so that afterwards he is literally soaked from me which never usually happens

Becciilouisex3 Sat 20-Aug-16 07:04:30

It can happen chick smile but if you're worried talk to the midwife about your symptoms. It's either going to be a normal pregnancy thing for you or you have a vaginal infection of some kind, it's highly unlikely to be anything else. I don't think I've ever heard of discharge that is white and creamy being a "danger sign". Talk to the midwife and put your mind at rest smile

divadee Sat 20-Aug-16 08:17:32

Oh yes. 16+4 here and still occasionally do the dash to the loo for a knicker check as I'm sure it must be bleeding or I have wet myself with how wet it is down there.

Propertyquandry Sat 20-Aug-16 08:26:14

It is often normal but I had just a bit more in one of them than the others and it was a strep b infection. But it's difficult to tell from your post if it's just the normal extra discharge associated with pregnancy or whether you actually are constantly leaking a watery substance. I was constantly leaking, needing pads or else needing to change knickers 8 or 9 times a day. It was far more than in previous pregnancies so I went to GP. But if what you mean is you've just experiencing much heavier than normal discharge then that's to be expected.

Propertyquandry Sat 20-Aug-16 08:27:28

Just to add, although strep b is dangerous at birth, it's not dangerous to the baby at any other point in pregnancy.

thatsn0tmyname Sat 20-Aug-16 08:33:29

I had extra discharge during the early stages of pregnancy. I used to worry it was blood and kept nipping to the loo to check (it wasn't). I teach Biology and was constantly surprised at the pregnancy symptoms that were developing. I recommend the book 'What to expect when you're expecting' but don't bother with the film.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now