Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What should I do??

(3 Posts)
Gemmaxo Tue 16-Aug-16 14:45:21

I had a miscarriage At 7 weeks pregnant around 4 weeks ago and it was absolutley devastating, me and my boyfriend were so happy when we found out I was pregnant then for that to happen was the worst thing, it was a bad miscarriage the bleeding only stopped 4 days ago and the pain was horrible physically and emotionally, I got signed off work by my doctor for 2 weeks and then had 2 weeks holiday already booked in work, today was my first day back and as soon as I sat down to take calls (I work in a call centre so very customer based) I just burst out crying, I feel I'm still not emotionally ready for work as it feels like I have only just finished my miscarriage because the bleeding literally ended days ago; my boss sent me home and I have a docs appointment at 7 but j don't know what to do, is it selfish to ask for more time off as it happened 4 weeks ago now? Will the doctor understand? I don't know what come over me when I got into work I just felt so depressed instantly. Thanks for any advice

CarrotVan Tue 16-Aug-16 14:58:57

Just be honest with the GP - they might sign you off or get you into counselling or have other ideas. After MC3 last year I started anti-depressants and CBT which have helped.

It will take a while for your hormones to fully settle and your emotions are abound to be all over the place right now.

So sorry for your loss, MC is a horrible thing to go through

Whatsername17 Tue 16-Aug-16 15:01:34

Talk to your doctor and be honest. Let him/her make the decision as to whether you need more time. I had a mc at 13 weeks in January. Id been to have a scan and was told the baby had died. I took a week off (it was Christmas so I'd been off for two weeks holiday, I found out a few days into the holidays). I went back to work on the Tuesday after delivering my baby on the Saturday. The bleeding had slowed dramatically after the Saturday. It was helpful to me to have something to focus on. I still ended up having counciling for ptsd and grief. I'm sorry you are going through this. Look after yourself x flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now