Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Carrying toddler 10 weeks pregnant?

(8 Posts)
sian1992 Tue 16-Aug-16 10:31:11

Hello I was just wondering if anyone could help. I carried my toddler round the block the other day as she wouldn't settle and half way round my back started hurting and was in agony by the time I got home. After a sit down and a rest I felt completely normal but I am only 10 weeks pregnant and I'm scared incase that could have harmed my baby? I would be grateful for any advice

Giratina Tue 16-Aug-16 10:34:41

I'm sure your baby is fine, it's well protected in there. The advice for pregnant women not to do heavy lifting is because your ligaments get softer and can be strained more easily but it's pretty hard not to have to lift your first child in a second pregnancy.

sian1992 Tue 16-Aug-16 11:01:18

Thankyou flowers

Titchypanda Tue 16-Aug-16 11:18:24

I carried my toddler niece around when I was about 11/12w and have had no problems with baby. It did make my back sore though, toddlers are heavy!

Good luck x

Marshpillow Tue 16-Aug-16 12:29:53

You'll be fine, most pregnant women with more than one child will have to do some heavy lifting at some point smile my toddler is a lump and loves being carried, I'm 26 weeks and baby is fine!

PeachBellini123 Tue 16-Aug-16 20:43:26

As long as you aren't in pain/out of breath I'm sure it's fine. I do some lifting at work and midwife was happy for me to carry on as long as I feel well enough to do it.

eastcoastmum2014 Tue 16-Aug-16 21:23:40

I wouldn't worry, I'm 15 weeks and carrying my heavy 18 month old as well. She also likes to rest her head on my stomach and jump on my back 😂 I'm not too worried! As long as you ate not bleeding or in pain I wouldn't worry xx

MOTU Tue 16-Aug-16 22:23:56

I carried my two year old in a sling about 2-4 miles a day until my bump literally became to large for the sling to work properly (7/8 months) my strapping 3 year old boy is proof this did no harm.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now