Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this a sign labour will be soon?

(3 Posts)
Jayne266 Mon 15-Aug-16 19:29:03

I am currently 39 +2 weeks pregnant with child no 2. The last 2 days I have been feeling like a have been carrying a bowling ball down there and the last 3 hours I can hardly walk the weight is unbelievable. I don't remember it being this bad with ds. No contractions as yet or signs of water breaking. What do you all think?

HughLauriesStubble Mon 15-Aug-16 23:54:57

It more than likely means the babys head is fully engaged. Not a definite sign of impending labour though as it can happen weeks before the baby is born. Also, the head can engage and the disengage again a number of times in the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Fuzzywuzzywasabear Tue 16-Aug-16 00:00:44

Felt like this since 34 weeks midwife even thought she would be early based on all the signs 39+2 and still nothing. Given up now and resigned myself to at least another week of being a whale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now