Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

washing pram mattress?

(4 Posts)
Blackpoollassy Mon 15-Aug-16 13:28:00

Sorry, can't think of the most appropriate forum to post this on but still...
We have an Uppababy Vista from DC1.
DC2 now due and i've washed the cover but wondered if i also need to change the mattress pad too, like you would if you were reusing a cot?
If so, i'm thinking of maybe steam cleaning it as i don't think it would survive the washing machine,
thanks in advance!

Charlierhi Mon 15-Aug-16 13:41:04

I had the same thought. Decided to play it safe and buy a new mattress for the pram. They're not that expensive and this way I don't have to worry about destroying my washer-dryer when it can't cope...

nennyrainbow Mon 15-Aug-16 13:41:54

I don't know what the mattress is like but if it has a built in waterproof cover, I think sponging it down would be fine. If not and if it's a foam mattress, then you can hand wash it - I did this with my Moses basket mattress as it had been in the attic for a couple of years.

DesignedForLife Mon 15-Aug-16 14:46:38

I'm debating the same. Guess the bigger question is how often do you think DC will sleep in it? If regularly/long times, I'd get a new one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now