Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucus Plug?

(4 Posts)
Baz13 Sat 13-Aug-16 10:07:06

I am 29 weeks pregnant and not sure if I lost my mucus plug last night. I noticed it whilst going to the toilet and it was the size of a 50p and without sounding gross, looked like snot, no blood or pink tinge with no smell. This morning I have lost more stringy discharge and feel very wet.

I have been having BH for the last couple of days and low backache- could this all be signs of last trimester symptoms?

Anyone else experienced this early on and gone on to deliver early or delivered closer to their DD?

DesignedForLife Sat 13-Aug-16 10:13:39

Sounds like a bit of it. In my experience there's a lot more than 50p's worth... I was quite shocked at how much kept coming! It can grow back too, so not a reliable sign of imminent labour.

I lost a bit some weeks ago, I think around 32 weeks, and have been having painful Braxton hicks and backache ever since, and I'm 39 weeks now.

If you're worried your waters have gone, or pains get regular, go get checked over.

Baz13 Sat 13-Aug-16 10:17:51

Thanks for the reply- I think I will keep an eye on it and if as you mentioned my waters go and I get regular pains I will call the midwife smile

Think I am being so panicky this time around!

Whatsername17 Sat 13-Aug-16 10:28:02

I'd give your midwife a ring now. Better to get checked our and reassured. When I lost mine there was loads of it. Stringy and the consistency of snot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now