Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

You can't eat spicy italian subway when pregnant can you?

(9 Posts)
abbinobb Fri 12-Aug-16 19:13:16

I think probably not but i want one so much
i know you can eat cured meats if theyre cooked but does toasting count a cooked enough or is it a definite no?
It's all i want to eat! the though of most food makes me throw up at the moment

Snowberry86 Fri 12-Aug-16 19:19:48

Technically you can eat what ever you want- just be aware of the risks.

Cured meats have a higher risk of bacteria- but if you really want it then eat it!

I've had runny eggs throughout my pregnancy even though the advice used to be not to. I fancied them, and considered the risk very low.

Doinmummy Fri 12-Aug-16 19:23:23

I ate pate and runny eggs and mayonnaise while I was pregnant .
That was 19 years ago though and I don't remember being told I couldn't.

loveulotslikejellytots Fri 12-Aug-16 19:25:22

Could you have cheese on it and get them to toast it? Just thinking that the heat would surely kill any bacteria? Personally I would eat it, I ate cured meats when pregnant. We went to a lovely Italian restaurant for our anniversary and wasn't going to miss out!

ChubbyButtons Fri 12-Aug-16 19:26:06

I ate runny eggs, salami and sushi when pregnant. blush Subway itself is quite processed 'salami' though, not like prosciutto or something so it might have less bacteria ? Idk. I'd gobble one down anyway, but then my nn is ChubbyButtons grin

Mummyme87 Fri 12-Aug-16 20:27:54

I ate everything except pate. Most risks are pretty minimal

LBOCS2 Fri 12-Aug-16 20:31:01

Personally, I would - and did eat similar in both my pregnancies. The only thing I stayed off was alcohol.

twoundertwowillbefun Fri 12-Aug-16 21:09:44

It's fine to eat - please look at NHS guidelines as there is precious little you have to stay away from. Even runny eggs with the lion mark are approved now!!

EreniTheFrog Sat 13-Aug-16 08:31:36

At Subway, everything smells so revoltingle overprocessed that I am guessing no selfrespecting bacterium would hang out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now