Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Top tips for getting some comfortable sleep?

(6 Posts)
ThinkPinkStink Fri 12-Aug-16 08:40:40

Hi there, at 32 weeks sleep is getting trickier.

I could handle waking up for three wees a night, but getting back to sleep is really frustrating with a bowling ball attached to my tummy.

I'm trying to sleep on my left hand side, often wake up on my back, or almost on my front (balanced on poor bump).

I've found a pregnancy pillow (underbump and between my legs) is helpful to actually get to sleep, it's staying asleep that is hard.

Aside from the pillow the best tip I have is to get a nice, cotton, flat sheet to use instead of a duvet (or nothing) on warm nights.

Does anyone have a secret formula, or is this just my body's way of getting me ready for wakeful nights with baby?

Whatsername17 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:02:56

There is no formula. Just sleep however you feel most comfy. My pregnancy pillow is helpful to stop me rolling onto my tummy.

CaramelPrincess Fri 12-Aug-16 11:16:33

I used to sleep in my comfy snuggle seat downstairs with a big fluffy blanket (I was pregnant during winter) and my feet up on the foot stool! Only way I could get comfortable!

BettyOBarley Fri 12-Aug-16 17:21:37

I wish I knew the formula!

I'm 34 weeks and have raging heartburn every night but can't sleep propped up otherwise it puts pressure on my hips and they hurt, every time I turn over I get cramp in my calves and then just when I finally get comfy.....yep, need a wee! grin

ThinkPinkStink Fri 12-Aug-16 22:20:48

Oh Betty heartburn just makes it a million times worse, you have my sympathy, have you been to the doc? A friend mentioned she's been prescribed something amazing for heartburn in pregnancy (I forget what).
I tend to twin my 4am with crunching two Rennies (my heartburn is mild, but irritating).

I'm just so HEAVY (I've never been skinny) but each movement is such a drag... And knowing I've got 8 weeks of pure growth is terrifying!!

foxessocks Fri 12-Aug-16 22:26:19

38 weeks here and I've found a pillow between my legs seems to help and stops me rolling over too far and less pillows under my head as I kept getting pains in my neck too! Rennie by the bed for heartburn in the night. I can only sleep on my right hand side because the left side seems to cause me to burp constantly!! Then there's the constant kicking of my ribs but can't do much about that. Oh and two wees minimum a night.

Humph. Not much advice there I know but lots of sympathy! I'm extremely grateful that my toddler is (now) a good sleeper and lets me sleep until 8am each morning because my dh goes at about 5am so I get 3 hours of the bed to myself which is bliss! Actually that's my tip - don't share a bed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now