Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

26 weeks and exhausted, no appetite and nauseous- is this normal?

(6 Posts)
Pendu Thu 11-Aug-16 18:07:27

This is my fourth but I can't remember what it was like blush

I'm 26 weeks but I feel just utterly whacked. I'm not even doing anything , my dc went to their dads and have been there over a week so im just pottering around. I only have about 20 mins of housework a day but it just seems so much - I just did the washing up then needed a rest before doing 1/2 the hoovering. I just feel like sleeping but at night I struggle to sleep. This morning I woke at 4 and decided to go out , then slept maybe 8.30am -12 but I just can't move. I don't even feel like watching a movie , it's like even my brain had given up. I bought a lot of biscuits and some Galaxy bars and I have barely touched them in days , and in the past I could eat a packet in one sitting.
Is this normal? I am thinking maybe I'm lacking something as I'm a vegetarian but I eat quite well I think with pulses and vegetable based curries etc, also I take 2 spatone a day since the beginning.

What's wrong with me?

Jubaloo442 Thu 11-Aug-16 18:36:20

Anaemia? It's normal to be knackered but not that knackered I think.

Pendu Fri 12-Aug-16 16:21:09

I've been taking maximum iron .... I just don't feel right at all, more like I'm 8 weeks not 26 weeks. Doctor doesn't have an appointment until mid next week so I'm not sure what to do confused

SparrowSG Fri 12-Aug-16 17:08:33

Think you should still maybe get your irons levels checked. A lot of things stop iron getting absorbed properly, this is from one of the iron-deficiency anemia web pages.

"In order to absorb as much of the iron as possible, it's best to take your iron pills on an empty stomach. Wash them down with water or orange juice (the vitamin C helps with absorption), but not with milk (calcium interferes with absorption). Coffee and tea also hinder absorption."

livinginabox Fri 12-Aug-16 17:50:15

I've felt like that all the way through and I'm 36 weeks now. It's been a long and difficult pregnancy. I'm sick and exhausted 24/7. Nothing 'wrong'

livinginabox Fri 12-Aug-16 17:51:14

Sorry posted too soon

Nothing wrong apparently, just a crap pregnancy. You have my sympathy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now