Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain after sweep 2nd child

(3 Posts)
Courts10 Tue 09-Aug-16 17:22:01

I'm 40+1 tomorrow and booked in first thing for a sweep with the MW. Question is did it hurt more in subsequent pregnancies?

It's my DD 2nd birthday tomorrow (I had 3 sweeps with her don't remember it stopping me doing anything after, although the first 2 did nothing and I was 2-3cm on the 3rd) we are planning on going the sea life centre straight from the MW for her birthday. But people keep saying I'm crazy?!

What did you do after your sweep? Were you in pain?

Whatsername17 Tue 09-Aug-16 18:43:50

It didn't hurt me at all. I went into labour after though!

NK7995a1caX11eb0ed0bae Wed 10-Aug-16 00:52:17

I was a bit sore after mine with my second baby, I definitely wouldn't have wanted to walk too far. But then again by that stage I didn't want to walk anywhere sweep or no sweep!

It set off irregular contractions and I gave birth a little over 24 hours later. I didn't feel up to much other than gentle pottering all that day. Can you have a contingency plan in case you don't feel up to walking? Install yourself in the cafe and have them come for regular pit stops?

Good luck whatever you end up doing, and happy birthday to your DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now