Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd pregnancy anyone? Age gap?

(14 Posts)
YourNewspaperIsShit Mon 08-Aug-16 22:00:10

I'm feeling my family isn't complete and would like a 3rd, but my 2nd pregnancy was much harder than the 1st towards the end, I got SPD early on and couldn't get around easily.

Anyone pregnant with their 3rd who can confirm if it just gets worse or not? By number 3 do you really feel like there's any new stretchmarks, etc? Can my boobs sag any further confused (Lighthearted that last bit obviously I'd never base my decision on that).

Also my last DC is 5months, I always wanted a small gap between DC1 and DC2, trying since after my first birth but nature had other plans that took 3 1/2 years. Does anyone regret a small gap between DC2 and DC3? Not sure if I should wait.

SeashellHoarder Mon 08-Aug-16 22:14:44

I'm pregnant with no 3 now and yes, it is harder than the last 2.
Like you the second was harder than the first, but this is worse again.
I'm also much bigger at 20 weeks than I was before, so it makes me feel that 8 month tiredness Already, also I can't bend over properly as the bump is so huge.
Plus I have 2 little people to run around after.
I'll have a 2.5 year break between dc2 & 3 I don't think my body would have copied with less.

But every pregnancies is different, you might find it easier than I have.

Lovelongweekends Mon 08-Aug-16 22:20:05

Pregnant with dc3 at the moment and yes, I am finding this pregnancy a lot harder than the previous two. SPD started earlier and more debilitating, bump bigger and showed earlier and having two small people (5 and 2) to run round after rather than one is twice the work!
I've got ten weeks left and keep telling myself it will all be worth it!!

ShakespeareanQuotations Mon 08-Aug-16 22:26:39

My first 2 were really close together and o had no problem with either pregnancy.
Had a larger gap between the next children and, again, no problems.
5 years later my next pregnancy exhausted me. I suffered with SPD and struggled to walk very far. Sleeping was so uncomfortable and turning over was a nightmare.
I am now pregnant again and I have experienced no problems at all this time and am feeling really fit and well.

0hCrepe Mon 08-Aug-16 22:27:22

I'm pregnant with dc3 and my youngest is now 10 years old so it will be a massive gap between 2 and 3 but this one is easier in terms of spd, probably because I'm not running after a little one this time. I felt more sick at the beginning but have more energy now and am much less achy despite being 40. I have also not put on as much weight as last time and still don't have stretch marks. The large age gap might have given my body time to recover I guess.

LBNM19 Mon 08-Aug-16 23:16:57

I'm pregnant with number 3.

I wouldn't say I've found it any harder than being pregnant the 2nd time.

I've found them all difficult but the 1st was the easiest as I only had myself to look after.

I'm 18 weeks atm. The worse part I feel is over which is the sickness I had untill 14 weeks. I'm tired but feeling better than I did.

My eldest is four and youngest will be 2 in October.

ouchieouchie Mon 08-Aug-16 23:23:31

I found my third the easiest of all them - despite having really bad SPD, I was really well.

There were 20 years between the eldest and the youngest.

The birth on the other hand was horrific, ruined the entire pregnancy, and I still look back on that whole year with horror, but that won't happen to you OP.

sj257 Mon 08-Aug-16 23:34:24

I'm pregnant with number 3, I'm only 16+5, the only thing I've found to be harder so far was the tiredness in the first trimester, however I'm working 37 hours a week now and wasn't in my other pregnancies. The age gap is going to be huge as I have an 8 and 9 year old! But their age gap is 17 months and while it was hard when they were small it's great now. X

ridiculouspirate Mon 08-Aug-16 23:43:14

I was sick as a dog for my 3rd pg. mush worse than first two.

She's bloody lovely though.

My pelvic pain did get worse for each but went away after they were born.

Ipdipdo Tue 09-Aug-16 13:25:29

I'm 24 weeks now with number 3. I'm more tired, and still nauseous but I am 40 now so that may be mainly to blame. Other 2 pregnancies were much easier. Ds will be 10 & dd will be 5 so a nice big gap between them all. I had always wanted a bigger gap between my children than my friends did.

MsFiremanSam Tue 09-Aug-16 20:03:20

I'm 32 weeks with number three. Probably my easiest pregnancy in many ways as it seems to have gone much quicker - with two DCs there's no time to dwell on it! No stretch marks yet, just the same sickness, back ache, cramps etc as previously! Mine are 5 and nearly 3 so quite big age gaps. Hubby has done extra with the kids too to make it easier for me.

zippy30 Wed 10-Aug-16 10:50:29

I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and to be honest I've found this pregnancy quite easy as I just haven't had time to dwell on things and it's flown by so far. But, I was also pretty lucky with my first two pregnancies and didn't have much sickness or other problems.

The part I found hardest this time was coping with first trimester tiredness whilst dealing with a 5 and 2 year old. My bump is bigger at this stage too, but not too bad. Constantly bending down to pick up toys is driving me mad!!

There will be a gap of 2 years and 10 months - I couldn't cope with having a closer age gap. Don't worry too much OP - every pregnancy is different and I don't think age or number of pregnancies impacts on it too much.

InsaneMummyOfThree Wed 10-Aug-16 21:11:59

Hi all, new member here. Stumbled upon this thread while wildly googling and just thought I'd chip in. I have three lo's 2x dd's and one ds. They are 4,3 and 18 months. My first pregnancy was horrific with Ms until 27 weeks and the onset of spd around 35 and I vowed never to do it again. A couple of months later there I was with a 3 month old and boom pregnancy number two happened. Brilliant second pregnancy apart from the early onset of spd around 25 week. Pregnancy number 3 was uneventful but spd did start around 17 weeks and I was sooooo tired all the time running round after 2 little ones, working 30 hours a week up until I was 35 weeks pregnant. All three were c sections but I managed to breastfeed them all till 12 months and still going strong with little man. Us women are strong and if it's really what u want u will manage and get through it. I tell everyone that it's the best thing iv ever done and I mean it. So much so that iv just found out number four is on the way!!!!!

SeashellHoarder Wed 10-Aug-16 23:02:13

Congratulations mummy that sounds like an amazing few years you've had. Fingers crossed for later SPD this time though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now