Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itchy nipples

(15 Posts)
thecatsarecrazy Mon 08-Aug-16 13:29:40

I'm almost 15 weeks, for a few weeks now my nipples have been constantly itchy. Can anyone recommend anything? A quick google search said something about using cream? Any ideas?

Titchypanda Mon 08-Aug-16 13:47:54

I thought I was the only one! Following to see if anyone suggests anything.

thecatsarecrazy Mon 08-Aug-16 14:02:41

Aww its driving me mad. I could probably do with a bigger bra. I keep having crafty scratch but it doesn't help

Titchypanda Mon 08-Aug-16 14:44:24

Have you been fitted for a pregnant bra? I got fitted yesterday and hoping that will help!

thecatsarecrazy Mon 08-Aug-16 14:53:46

No, I don't even know where to go sad we don't even have a mother care near us anymore.

Brieandpateplease Mon 08-Aug-16 15:28:22

I had really itchy boobs all over during the first trimester not just nipples, I bought the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion with Shea Butter from Tesco and put it on after shower in morning and before bed that helped me

Icarriedawatermelon123 Mon 08-Aug-16 15:30:27

Someone bought me the mamma mio nipple cream and it was a God send I smothered it on religiously twice a day from around 18 weeks. Your breast are undergoing a lot of change in prep for breastfeeding so will feel very itchy and irritated! Very normal I think. X

Icarriedawatermelon123 Mon 08-Aug-16 15:35:48

Sorry just to add on..
John Lewis and M&S do good maternity bras but I wouldn't buy any until you're almost due as your boobs will get even bigger especially after baby.. they're only good for nursing anyway.
For now I'd go to M&S and get measured again and buy a comfy supportive normal bra. No need to spend a lot of money.
Boots and some larger supermarkets sell good nipple cream you can check out smile

thecatsarecrazy Mon 08-Aug-16 18:40:44

Thank you I will have a look

milpool Mon 08-Aug-16 18:42:17

Dream Cream from Lush is very good. Very soothing.

I remember this from last time, it's awful. Haven't had it this time but that could be because my 14 month old is breastfeeding what feels like constantly...

acsec Mon 08-Aug-16 18:45:58

Oh, I'm 31+5 and my nipples get super itchy! I have been moisturising after my shower and they're much better. Got to go and get some nursing bras this week or next too.

Titchypanda Mon 08-Aug-16 19:57:34

If you can't get to a mothercare, I'd suggest m&s. Debenhams isn't particularly good.

emsyj Mon 08-Aug-16 20:03:55

Asda maternity comfort bras have saved me from boob overspill and digging in wires, and I am smothering my nipples in vaseline twice a day for the itching!!

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Mon 08-Aug-16 20:06:14

Very smooth cups in your bras, no seams at all if possible.

JellyMouldJnr Mon 08-Aug-16 20:17:43

I had this and eventually worked out I was reacting to my washing powder. Do keep on top of it, I needed steroid cream in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now