Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many people?

(7 Posts)
prettypinklady Sun 07-Aug-16 22:15:21

I am 12 weeks pregnant and due my scan next week. I am also having various tests. I still live with my mum, as well as my partner, and even though me and my partner are the best we possible could be, I am still very close to my mum. I want my mum and partner to attend the scans with me as they will both be present at the birth. Do hospitals allow 2 people or just 1? I'm from Leeds if this helps.

Becciilouisex3 Sun 07-Aug-16 22:21:23

Normally you can have two from what I understand, I did smile

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Sun 07-Aug-16 22:23:25

I think depends on your particular hospital. The hospital I attended would only allow one other adult but I have friends who went to different hospitals and were allowed more than that.

Give them a call to check. Or check online, it might mention something there. And of course, congratulations OP.

RaeSkywalker Sun 07-Aug-16 22:42:31

Call and check. My hospital only allows 1 other adult but I know that lots allow 2.

Titchypanda Mon 08-Aug-16 08:34:17

Call and check, my hospital has a strict one person only rule.

eastcoastmum2014 Mon 08-Aug-16 08:48:39

I took my oh and 18 month old DD to my 12 week scan this time around which was fine ... I'm in Norfolk though.... I'm sure it will be ok for two but ring the hospital for advice x

Farfromtheusual Thu 11-Aug-16 11:28:25

Does it not say on you scan appointment letter? Mine said 2 people only but no children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now