Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My belly button has actually ripped 38 weeks

(10 Posts)
Solangestables Sat 06-Aug-16 22:17:26

That. Not "about to rip." Not "feels like it's going to."

It has. It's bleeding and very sore.

Is this just anther part of pregnancy?

Passthecake30 Sat 06-Aug-16 22:19:59

Oh dear. That didn't happen to me....mine just went more flat but it was still inside... Savlon??

Solangestables Sat 06-Aug-16 22:21:39

Seems like the only option. Do you think the hospital will sow it back up again?

Haggisfish Sat 06-Aug-16 22:21:44

Oooh poor you! Never actually heard of this happening, no.

NoCapes Sat 06-Aug-16 22:22:29

No help but I just wanted to say - ouch! You poor thing! flowers

Farfromtheusual Sat 06-Aug-16 22:27:25

Am 37 weeks and mine is literally hanging on by a thread sad I gave up trying to save it about a week ago...Not sure if hosp would sew it back up, I doubt it though!

Passthecake30 Sat 06-Aug-16 22:27:31

What does google say can't bear to look myself

Solangestables Sat 06-Aug-16 22:30:17

Google is full of people saying they "feel like it is about to" rip. But I just looked down and there is a V -shaped tear on the top. And blood.

Farfromtheusual Sat 06-Aug-16 22:40:11

Yes that's exactly what mine is like!!! Has started splitting from the top! Did you keep your normal bar in or did you get a long plastic bendy one? And did it go infected/crusty first? Sorry gross

CherryPicking Sat 06-Aug-16 22:50:12

Mine felt like it would. Can you see a doctor\ midwife and get checked over? Maybe get them to measure your bump too if it's suddenly got loads bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now