Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks and feeling really weak is this normal

(7 Posts)
abbinobb Sat 06-Aug-16 15:33:56

I'm quite scared because I feel so weak, you know when your arms feel like they have no strength at all, kind of weird.
I don't know if it's normal or not with ds I didn't know I was pregnant until 15 weeks so I can't remember how I felt.
I'm constantly tired, yesterday I got back from work at 12, slept all day, woke up for an hour or so and slept all night and today I've slept all day since 11am when dp got up. I can't stay awake confused

LadyLynsey Sat 06-Aug-16 22:49:29

It's normal to feel exhausted during early and late stages of pregnancy but I wonder if what your describing is a lack of iron?
I'd advise you to have a chat with your GP and hopefully they'll help, be strong and make your point clearly though as some can be quite unsympathetic during early pregnancy and just expect you to get on with it!

mnpeasantry Sat 06-Aug-16 23:00:03

Spatone really helps. Imagine it's an iron deficiency

missymousey Sat 06-Aug-16 23:07:30

Can you phone the midwife? Maybe chat to her about it, she may be more sympathetic than the GP! Try not to worry though, I don't think its that unusual. I wasn't quite as tired as you, but from BFP till about 7 weeks I did come home from work exhausted every day and sleep from 7pm till morning.

idontlikealdi Sat 06-Aug-16 23:12:20

I did feel like that but it turned out I had twinssmile also iron deficient.

TheFirie Sat 06-Aug-16 23:53:40

During the first trimester it is normal to feel really tired. But your case seems a bit extreme and the weakness you describe is over the top. I would book a gp visit just to be on the safe side.

abbinobb Sun 07-Aug-16 05:23:28

I felt a bit better after a McDonald's blush
I don't know if I'm just sensitive to progesterone or something because I get a bit like this before a period too but I'm gunna make an appointment with my gp and see if it's iron related which would make sense
Oh god I hope not twins, i wouldnt cope, I had a dream I had triplets and id given birth to 3 clones of my ds and they were all going ape shit and mocking me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now