Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back sleepers any tips on getting sleep in other positions?

(5 Posts)
Titchypanda Sat 06-Aug-16 10:51:14

I'm a back sleeper and cannot sleep in any other position but now I'm too big to sleep on back and pregnancy pillows don't help with side sleeping. Does anyone have any other tips on side sleeping?

MinnowAndTheBear Sat 06-Aug-16 10:56:37

I came on here to suggest a long pregnancy pillow, or a v pillow. I used to bear hug them, to stop my shoulders slumping down towards my chest, iyswim? A lot of the adverts show women with the pillow under their legs/back which I found to be less rather than more comfortable.
That first post-birth back sleep is bliss!

SeashellHoarder Sat 06-Aug-16 13:10:57

It does get easier I promise. It's never as comfortable as sleeping on your back, though.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 06-Aug-16 13:17:30

I think it's only so you don't trap the blood vessel? When I was in hospital heavily pregnant the midwives would put a pillow under one side of your back/ bottom and then leave you on your back. They also do this during a c section, tilt you slightly one way to relieve the pressure, so I'd imagine you can sleep on your back if you do this or prop yourself up into a slightly raised position.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Sat 06-Aug-16 18:44:10

I understand! I ended up using the big maternity pillows you can buy. Can't wait to be able to sleep normally again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now