Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trampolining - 6/7weeks

(10 Posts)
njones051 Fri 05-Aug-16 18:00:44

I think I'm around 6/7 weeks pregnant. first timer! Silly me forgot to write in my calendar my period last month! Without thinking, agreed to take friends daughter to the new trampolining Park tomorrow, as he's broke this foot.
Don't shoot me down for asking a silly question, but will it really do much harm?

scaredofthecity Fri 05-Aug-16 18:07:41

It's the kind of thing that if you'd done it I'd be like don't worry about it. But if you were planning it I'd be no way!
They're is a small risk involved, for me it wouldn't be worth it.

BeardMinge Fri 05-Aug-16 19:19:40

Don't really think there's any risk is there? You're talking about a tiny foetus the size of a blueberry which is buried deep in your pelvis.

The only thing that would stop me was if I was feeling nauseous or especially knackered.

mumhum Fri 05-Aug-16 19:24:10

Bounce away

aspidistraah Fri 05-Aug-16 19:26:09

I would say its fine to be perfectly honest. However, I'm trained to to rebound therapy on a trampoline. The only contraindications we were told were pregnancy and a couple of other things such as loose bone in neck of some children with downs. (This had to be checked).

I checked with dr who said its fine. I checked with my trainer who said not to (a physio he'd worked with had apparently had a mc). Who knows if it was related to the trampolining and they're probably covering their backs.

This really won't have helped, sorry.

SeashellHoarder Fri 05-Aug-16 22:05:36

No way would I do this. It's just not worth the risk, however small.

livinginabox Sat 06-Aug-16 05:05:17

I went trampolining at the beginning of my pregnancy when they told me I had miscarried. I was still bleeding a bit at the time. Bounced away for hours with DS, even did a few summersaults, baby was absolutely fine!

aspidistraah Sat 06-Aug-16 11:00:31

Basically if you're delivering trampolining rebound sessions, you can't if pregnant. The employer and rebound training centre do not want to put you in the position of risk.

I guess in the early stages you don't know about where the placenta lies etc- a colleague had it in a difficult place (not sure where) and her mw etc warned her not to do any form of exercise. I'd be climbing the walls personally! But I had to stop delivering rebound therapy as soon as I knew I was pregnant. I carried on other things though my joints began to be noticeably weaker so I had to stop the more heavy impact stuff anyway.

WellErrr Sat 06-Aug-16 11:04:38

I was still merrily water sliding at 14 weeks as I forgot I was pregnant.

You'll be fine!

njones051 Sat 06-Aug-16 12:08:12

Well plans have fallen through. But... I think I would have still done it. I'm quite an active person, still horse riding without any hesitation and plan to for a fair while smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now