Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had a wax...down there....pregnant

(9 Posts)
elliej83 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:33:25

Hi ladies,

I'm nearly 29 weeks now and getting to the point where I can no longer look after my lady parts but don't particularly want them to be massively overgrown!
Had a first wax today in ages as have been shaving and putting it off as I heard it hurt loads more when pregnant. It didn't in all honesty but I'm very disappointed by the results. Feels like the day after a shave to me. I always remember it being so smooth. Was the therapist rubbish? Is this because it's my first wax in ages? Is it because I'm pregnant? Interested to hear everyone's experiences

Womenareliketeabags Thu 04-Aug-16 21:36:06

I'm 35 weeks pregnant no answer to your questions but I'm still waiting for the husband to trim my bush as I fear I might chop off an important part of I try and do it without being able to see my floo confused

BapsOfSteel Thu 04-Aug-16 21:38:35

You want us to tell you how smooth out vulvas are? hmm

If this is real you're gonna find it really funny you worried about something you couldn't even see I'm 3 months time once your partner has watched you poop yourself

Seekingmiracles Thu 04-Aug-16 21:42:38

I'm both pregnant and a beauty therapist and i can tell you now you've probably just had a crap wax. It's true that if you've shaved for ages it's unlikely to last as long as if you'd always waxed but you should be smooth for at least 2 weeks. It can take a few waxes before the hair all gets in to the same growth cycle and then your waxes will last longer.
I had my waxing done yesterday and I'm still smooth! wink

It will be because it's the first time in a while that you have had a wax. It takes 4 waxes for it to all be smooth!

I would just leave it to grow until after the baby is born tbh. I have only just realised (and DD is 5 months old) that I had no underwear on when I had emcs and the was a whole football team of staff down baby end to get the baby out safely grin

UnicornPee Thu 04-Aug-16 21:54:43

Crap beautician.
I recently got home after a wax to find she had done a shockingly crap job. Normally smooth.

elliej83 Fri 05-Aug-16 09:55:36

Thanks for your responses ladies.

It probably isn't something I will care about in labour in 11 weeks time but until then I'd like to try and keep it neat and tidy, especially as I've been doing Aqua natal. It feels like part of a hygiene routine for me and just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I have to let myself go for 3 months. Keeps me feeling sane.

Sounds like I should try a different therapist next time based on the feedback smile

isittimeforarainbow Fri 05-Aug-16 13:01:34

Yup sounds like a rubbish wax unfort.
I am 32 weeks and need to get an appointment in soon!
It shouldn't be any different from normal, maybe a tiny bit more sensitive

Bellabelloo Sat 06-Aug-16 22:19:56

Maybe if you had been shaving some of the hairs may have been too short for the wax to grip and pull out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now