Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rub pain - feeling miserable

(5 Posts)
elliej83 Wed 03-Aug-16 10:12:26

I was having a wonderful pregnancy until last week. Seems to have really hit me this week at 28+5. I've got a terrible burning sensation just under my chest which also feels bruised and sore. I don't think ita heartburn feels more like things internally moving and pain down one side on my ribs. Has anyone had anything similar?

Jodie1982 Wed 03-Aug-16 10:16:18

I think it's best to ask MW if your in pain. Hopefully it's just stretching pains and it eases up for you soon.

differentnameforthis Wed 03-Aug-16 10:28:01

Please get checked out asap, and mention epigastric pain.

This thread explains it better than I can www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/443921-info-on-epigastric-pain-preeclampsia

Imnotaslimjim Wed 03-Aug-16 10:36:39

Is it in the centre or to one side? Right sided rib pain can be a sign of pre-eclampsia so needs checking out. It could also possibly be gallstones but that tends to lead to severe overnight heartburn and pain that radiates into the back. Whatever it is, I hope it eases for you soon.

elliej83 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:34:43

Thank you for all your lovely responses. Went to the hospital and was there for about 5 hours. Baby heartbeat was fine and my blood pressure was fine so they sent me home after a long wait!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now