Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ttc with holiday booked in December 2016

(9 Posts)
Kaisha02 Mon 01-Aug-16 22:56:06

My husband and I have agreed that I will come off the pill (Yasmin, 7 years) and let my body take its time to adjust. After that we won't actively ttc, we'll just not use contraception and see how things go.

I'm expecting it to take at least a few months for my body to return to normal (if not more), assuming we are lucky enough to be able to conceive naturally.

We have a week in NYC booked in December 2016. If things happen quicker than expected and I do fall pregnant anytime between now and then would this be an okay time to travel?

When are the best and worst times to travel in pregnancy taking in things like sickness etc? We are planning on being able to do a lot of walking and exploring in the cold weather and would just like to know in advance if there's any reason this may be a challenge.

Kaisha02 Mon 01-Aug-16 22:57:39

-- Duplicate thread sorry posted twice for some reason - -

RememberToSmile1980 Mon 01-Aug-16 23:01:08

Hi
I would say just go for it! If you catch straight away you will be around 4months pregnant when you go away in Dec.
With regards to pregnancy you may suffer from morning sickness, tiredness and general feeling rubbish as your body adjust itself to the changes.
I remember feeling pretty tired but I was lucky in that I never had any kind of sickness or nausea. I also went on holiday when I was 8-9 weeks. I was totally fine and had no issues.
Best of luck with ttc flowers

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 01-Aug-16 23:12:21

You can't live your life not doing anything while you TTC, just in case.
NYC for a week in an uncomplicated pregnancy with appropriate insurance should be absolutely finesmile

EreniTheFrog Tue 02-Aug-16 08:44:51

Can you take out cancellation insurance? First trimester symptoms are so massively variable that it's impossible to predict how you might feel - most people would probably be OKish-yet-pukey, but I know that I would never manage it.

purplesmiler Tue 02-Aug-16 10:05:11

Just go for it. I found out I was expecting three days before our holiday I am currently enjoying myself in the sun. You can't put your life on hold as it often happens when you least expect it (it did in my case).

RuskBaby Tue 02-Aug-16 14:30:39

Whilst pregnant we have been to Germany which involved sickness the journey and our time there and we couldn't check out on time due to an epic nose bleed and also to the Lake District where we had to limit our longest walk to 8 miles but I wouldn't have changed either holiday or being pregnant. Don't put extra pressure on yourself regards holidays and ttc, just enjoy. If you are pregnant when you go you can have lots of breaks to warm up too.

coppergrey Tue 02-Aug-16 18:49:05

I went to New York when 10 weeks pregnant - I just took it easier than I usually would've, with a few afternoon naps, lots of food breaks and more early nights! I managed to walk the entire length of Central Park so didn't affect me too much smile

bobbinpop Tue 02-Aug-16 23:48:02

Any holiday in the first 16 weeks would have been hell for me. Constant nausea or sickness, plus debilitating exhaustion. Take out some really good insurance and hope for the best smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now