Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heavy bleeding nearly 5 weeks pregnant

(8 Posts)
emmalt85 Mon 01-Aug-16 18:31:28

Hi all, this is my first post on here. I took a test on Saturday and it stated 1-2 weeks which in doctors terms is 4 weeks and 3 days based on my last period. I woke up yesterday with pinkish slimy discharge and some cramping and it turned more red as the day went on with a small clot, and today I am still bleeding and it's getting heavier, but no pain, my stomach is swollen a little. I have a daughter already and never experienced this before! I rang the epu yesterday and they said if it got worse I could go to them but they also said there was very little they could do at this stage as I was to early for scans etc so I didn't see the point. I am petrified I am miscarrying, can anyone give me any advise please?

Cakescakescakes Mon 01-Aug-16 18:37:25

Bleeding can be common in early pregnancy but if it's getting heavier and you are having clots the. That doesn't sound positive I'm afraid. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks which happened in a very similar way. I was able to have an internal scan at the epu to verify what had happened so I say call them back and see. I'm so sorry for you if it's not good news. I've been there and it's awful. But fingers crossed.

MillicentKing Mon 01-Aug-16 18:37:45

flowers
It really is a matter of wait and see I'm afraid.

Look after yourself.

Whatsername17 Mon 01-Aug-16 18:39:36

I'm sorry you are going through this. Some women do bleed in early pregnancy and go on to have a viable pregnancy, others who bleed experience miscarriage. At this early stage you have two options: go to either the GP or epu and ask them to do a blood test to check your hgc levels. Or wait and take another test in a week. I hope you have some support in rl xx

emmalt85 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:20:54

It's not good news... I did another test tonight and it now says not pregnant, gutted but I'm glad I weren't to far gone. Do I class this as a normal period now and re do my fertile dates from now again? Want to try again but it sure what dates to use now, I was due on last Wednesday initially but didn't bleed until yesterday so is yesterday the start of my new cycle?

m33r Mon 01-Aug-16 20:26:58

Sorry you're going through this. It happened to me last month. I am pregnant again this month so don't be too disheartened. I think yes, you count the first day of bleeding as CD 1.

emmalt85 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:46:59

Oh that's great news for you, I hope it doesn't take me to long with. Wishing you all the best xx

Whatsername17 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:58:16

Yes you count today as cd1. I lost a baby at 13 weeks in January so do underst5yoye pain. My best friend miscarried at 6 weeks and fell pregnant straight away. Good luck to you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now