Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Afternoon/Evening sickness..

(11 Posts)
summerskittles91 Mon 01-Aug-16 16:29:10

Does anyone else feel absolutely fine in the morning, then start feeling sick in the later afternoon/evening? hmm

I'm not sure if it's because I get hungry around 4pm but literally everyday I'm feeling like this. Only 5 weeks at the moment but its becoming unbearable, especially at work.

LillyC Mon 01-Aug-16 16:34:06

well I had (still have!) all day sickness. The trick is for you to try and eat small quantities throughout the day. I used to feel worst in the mornings and then in the evenings, which is when the stomach was mostly empty. Started to pack fruits with me so I could eat snacks throughout the day.
The other point is that you need to find what you can handle especially when you feel bad. Everyone was saying anything ginger, well I used to like ginger now I can't stand it anymore! To me the trick is fruit (because they are fresh).
Unfortunately I'm one of those cases that at week 35 and I still have sickness, but the good news is I recognise the symptoms and know what works for me straight ahead!

SeashellHoarder Mon 01-Aug-16 16:42:43

I think it's worse in the evening because you're more tired as well.
Keep eating, I found a snack every 3 hours was imperative, even if you're not hungry.
I mainly eat bread now (19 weeks). For breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner.

summerskittles91 Mon 01-Aug-16 16:47:10

Thank you!

I think i need to have some more snacks at work. I'm fussy with fruit - literally only eat bananas and melon, as anything acidic gives me acid reflux sad I'll give ginger a go and see if it helps. thanks!

Bellabelloo Mon 01-Aug-16 16:47:10

I did! And posted a very similar post to yours. I felt fine all morning, a tad ropey after lunch and then horrific in the evening!! I am now 13 weeks and am feeling much better. It was relentless though. I feel your pain! Just concentrate on the fact that at least it means you can get stuff done during the day and that it means that your baby is doing well. X

Naschkatze Mon 01-Aug-16 16:47:19

Yes, me! Mine generally started around 5pm and would last all evening. But I completely agree with keep snacking. I can't stomach large meals at the moment but I'm eating little bits almost constantly! If it got bad so I didn't want to eat I would drink something sugary first; apple juice works well! I'm eating toast before bed too because otherwise I seemed to wake up feeling ill in the middle of the night hmm

Northernlight22 Mon 01-Aug-16 16:49:14

My sickness always used to kick in at about 3pm and last til early evening. Morning sickness is a lie, it can strike at any time aargh!

summerskittles91 Mon 01-Aug-16 16:52:59

I think i need to eat more toast!

People often say dry crackers and rice cakes but I cant stand them anyway, the thought of having them whilst feeling sick is not appealing at all blush

My appetite is crazy though, I was away for the weekend with DH, I had a bowl of fruit for breakfast, followed by 3 hash browns, 1 sausage, beans and then two pan au chocolate with tea blush and I'm not normally a breakfast person!

ButtMuncher Mon 01-Aug-16 16:57:57

My appetite was ferocious but the nausea was too grin Sod's law indeed!

I was another who would feel fine during the morning but come 1pm onwards start to really feel increasingly worst. By the time work finished at 5-6 I was trying hard not to retch in the car for the 1 hr commute home.

I think mine was a combo of tiredness (even now I'll feel sick if I'm over tired at nearly 32 weeks) and hunger - the two together guaranteed me to feel sick. Weirdly I was never actually sick during the first trimester but the nausea was crippling.

LillyC Mon 01-Aug-16 16:58:01

oh yes good point, crackers also worked for me. I can handle melons, banana, peach, nectarines and there was a point I was craving watermelon. But yes, the acid reflux is terrible!!! You need to keep on trying until you find what works for you

Northernlight22 Mon 01-Aug-16 16:58:51

I ate loads of toast (still do!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now