Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am i pregnant

(49 Posts)
Sambamx Thu 28-Jul-16 23:06:30

Hi all new to this.... I am 2 days last for AF been getting positive ovulation tests last few days and i got two faint lines today twice what are the chances??

Sambamx Thu 28-Jul-16 23:09:45

These are hpt

Getit Thu 28-Jul-16 23:10:52

Looks positive to me

TommyandGina Thu 28-Jul-16 23:11:21

I can see a line. It looks like congratulations are in order smile

Seekingmiracles Thu 28-Jul-16 23:11:49

Ovulation tests can show up as positive when you're pregnant. Something to do with hcg and lh both being proteins or something. If the hpt is positive then I'd say yes you are pregnant. The tests certainly show a line. Congratulations smile

Sambamx Thu 28-Jul-16 23:15:19

I wasn't sure as I knew I had ovulated earlier in the month... So was confused to why I was getting positive opt but was told they pick sometimes pick up the hormone first as they are similar... I am only two days late so am I best waiting a few weeks until I go to doctors? X

divadee Fri 29-Jul-16 07:05:10

I had very strong lines on ovulation tests when I was a day late and I was actually pregnant so it can show on ovulation sticks.

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 07:28:59

I've heard this smile I've took another test but not as strong as the one I got yesterday so I wondering if it's still too early to get an accurate positive don't want to get my hopes up x

Seekingmiracles Fri 29-Jul-16 10:10:20

A positive is a positive.
It's up to you when you notify you gp. It's unlikely your actual dr will want to see you, most commonly you just book to see the midwife at around 8 weeks. So you can call them now or wait until you e digested the news a bit or until you feel a bit more secure in the pregnancy.

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 10:13:33

Yeh I thought that I don't really have good gps etc and in the process of moving so I think I'll wait as I've took another test and I am struggling to see second line? Maybe still early and not enough hcg? As I know some people get better results later in day?

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 13:14:56

Did another test (I really need to stop was negative) what does this mean

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 16:48:43

I got the same as yesterday morning negative but in after noon faint line? Am I best getting a blood test can you see a line here on the bottom?

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 29-Jul-16 16:56:00

Don't test multiple times in a day - the hormones are at a peak in your urine first thing on a morning when it's not diluted.

And don't expect the lines to get darker quickly - the dye in the tests can vary so you will only notice reliably darker lines after a few weeks (not from day to day)

I'd take those two lines as a positive. No need for a blood test. Leave it 48 hours and test again and in a few weeks call your midwives to book in

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 17:00:15

The top one is opk and bottom hpt I tested this morning and was neg so wondering why it's showing a line in afternoon and not in morning?

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 17:02:25

The top one is opk and bottom hpt I tested this morning and was neg so wondering why it's showing a line in afternoon and not in morning?

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 17:37:05

Can some give me advice to why it would be neg in morning but faint positive in afternoon? Don't get it

Solymar Fri 29-Jul-16 17:49:30

Can you get a first response early response to be sure? I had a positive OPK around 10days after OV (as I couldn't wait any longer!!) so I got a FRER from Superdrug the next day which you can use at any time of the day so tested straight away (about 5pm) and it was positive.

Good luck xxxx

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 18:34:20

I Iive in rural area so nearest supermarket is hours away... I know it's prob still early I am just confused to why I'd get a negative in the morning when that's meant to be peak time but I am getting a faint positive in late afternoon I don't get it totally baffling me X

Nottalotta Fri 29-Jul-16 19:53:45

Is it the same test that's developed a line later in the day? If so it may be an evap line. You should only read the test in the timescale on the instructions.

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 20:03:50

No it's been a different one

Nottalotta Fri 29-Jul-16 21:43:48

Sorry I can't work out which are opk and which are pregnancy tests. If you've got a line on a pregnancy test, likelihood is that you're pregnant. Maybe leave it a couple of days and use a pregnancy test.

Sambamx Fri 29-Jul-16 21:58:30

The top ones are pregnancy tests and the bottom one the green once Is opk and blue one is pregnancy test just stressing me out X

Sambamx Sat 30-Jul-16 11:20:22

Just an update I took this a little while ago and got this??? Blue one is hpt and green opk strongest I've got so far??

Solymar Sat 30-Jul-16 11:44:53

There is definitely a line on both!! Congratulations smile xxx

Sambamx Sat 30-Jul-16 11:47:10

Would the opk show that if I am pregnant? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now