Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this labour or do I just need to trump?!

(8 Posts)
emmabrown123 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:24:19

37+4. Been so uncomfortable all day. Trapped wind type pains constantly but alongside regular Braxton Hicks which makes the pain worse. Pain is also worse when I move or bend down, feels like the baby is falling out of me!!

Doesn't feel like labour, don't know what I expected (this is DS2 but DS1 was an elcs). Is it possible I just have really bad trapped wind?!! Or need a poo?!!

SillyQu Thu 28-Jul-16 19:28:01

You could be getting the early signs? Have you had the runs?

emmabrown123 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:38:45

No, haven't 'been' all day actually. Don't feel the need to. Weirdly indigestion has also come back, haven't had any for a week before today.

kiki22 Thu 28-Jul-16 20:26:46

I've had the same symptoms since the baby engaged could your be engaged now? This is my second baby he engaged at 34/5 weeks.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 28-Jul-16 20:29:18

It's worth a trip to the loo. Whether you just deflate or fully evacuate, the baby won't fall out of you are in labour. Take a book and use it as an excuse for a lovely sit down.

divadee Thu 28-Jul-16 20:53:37

My first symptom for labour was a feeling of trapped wind and like I was getting the shits. That grumbly belly thing. Told the midwife that day I thought I was going to have an upset stomach and she said I bet I am at your house Friday morning checking on you and baby. And she was!!! I went into labour that night!

emmabrown123 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:38:05

Update: been to the loo (TMI I know). Feeling a bit better, still some tightenings but much less than previously. Guess it was wind after all blush

SillyQu Thu 28-Jul-16 22:51:53

Don't worry. At 39 weeks I pissed myself in Tesco and thought my waters had broken.

Apparently weeing without knowing is common hmm I'm sure the Dr was just trying to make me feel better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now