Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 weeks pregnant and facing it alone

(7 Posts)
DanceLover22 Wed 27-Jul-16 23:27:51

So, I'm new, been reading on here for a while but finally signed up.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant, it's been a pretty big shock and not planned. I haven't been in a relationship for a few years so children wasn't a thought for me. I will be a single mum as I fell pregnant after being assaulted, the father is facing charges for the attack.

I haven't yet told many people, just a few close friends, I kept the attack fairly quiet so it'll be a pretty big thing to tell people but I'm not rushing. I'm enjoying having my time to appreciate the changes in my body and I'm actually kind of excited, I had chemotherapy around ten years ago that could have affected me getting pregnant so I'll be super lucky to become a mum.

Dlah Thu 28-Jul-16 09:53:28

No experience in terms of your situation but just wanted to say good for you.

Sounds like a very strong woman has got her mind set in the right place,

Wishing you a healthy, happy pregnancy

Jennybug17 Thu 28-Jul-16 10:11:52

Good luck to you. I am going it alone too (for the second time!) I have a 4 year old and am 14 weeks preg, I am sure you will be a great mum, just have confidence in yourself. It isn't the baby's fault what the dad did to you so don't let anyone make you feel bad for your decision. smile I am here if you want to chat. x

ASAS Thu 28-Jul-16 10:16:42

Hello and congratulations.

I'm horrified that you were attacked but may I applaud the fact you're charging him. Also, you do need to tell anyway you were assaulted if you don't want to. You can say people won't know the father, you're not with the father, just swat nosy comments away the way you would a fly.

EreniTheFrog Thu 28-Jul-16 13:20:29

Lost for words. In awe of your resilience.

Please let MN do anything we can to support you flowers

Loulou0 Thu 28-Jul-16 13:24:19

I agree with previous posters you sound like a strong, together woman. You'll be a brilliant mum. Congratulations X

DanceLover22 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:03:46

Thankyou all, it's so lovely to log back on and read messages of support, I'm anticipating negative reactions from those I haven't yet told due to the circumstances so I'm not sure if I will tell people about the father or not yet. I am hoping my family will be happy for me as with being a cancer survivor I'm lucky to even be pregnant smile I'm 22 so its nice to meet other people on here who are facing parenthood alone and hear from others. Thank you again for your messages of support smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now