Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful Cramps at 27 weeks -normal?

(4 Posts)
Mummy2Be2016 Wed 27-Jul-16 18:44:44

Hi there,
Since earlier this afternoon, I've been getting painful cramps in my lower left abdomen and sometimes further south. They subsided a bit after a few hours when I was lying on my side with a cushion under my bump. While having dinner, the pain really picked up again. It's like period pains but every so often a sharp pain too, still just on. My he left side under the bump. Google tells me I'm either dehydrated or in labour (!!) so I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me a little more! I'm away for a few days, although still in the UK, so don't really know what I should do. Am I just being paranoid? Is it just another 'fun' side effect?

I've also had back pain all over for he past few days but I think it's the different bed. I have a 3rd scan next week too as bump measured 3cm bigger than expected last week..!

Any experience or ideas very welcome. Thank you!

LillianFullStop Wed 27-Jul-16 19:26:16

Hi there - I'm 27w and find I get these period type pains when my bladder is full - so I try to empty it as soon as I feel a tinge!

I've not felt any sharp pains though so it might be different - suggest you call your midwife with any concerns they might call you in to get checked out?

Mummy2Be2016 Wed 27-Jul-16 22:16:18

I'm glad I'm not the only one anyway! Pain has subsided for now so I'll stop worrying for a bit. Thought it may have been a toilet issue initially but no.

I would call the midwife but as we're away, I didn't really want to hear 'ooh, you should come in' unless absolutely necessary. Hopefully that extra glass of water was the answer!

DesignedForLife Wed 27-Jul-16 22:45:04

I've had that sometimes when dehydrated, drink lots and empty bladder regularly, and rest! Obviously if you're at the point of not being able to talk through the pain then you should call the midwife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now