Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried after being asked to return for another scan

(10 Posts)
user1469631009 Wed 27-Jul-16 15:56:52

I know it sounds silly but we went for our first scan on Monday, they said they thought I was 11 weeks but have asked us to go back next week to be re measured should I be worried or am I just over reacting smile any advice would be great thank you x

Jodders Wed 27-Jul-16 16:04:54

Did they take measurements and did you see a baba wiggling around / see heartbeat?

Laura05 Wed 27-Jul-16 16:30:12

Did you see the heartbeat? It could be that with baby being too small they couldn't get measurements. I had this with DS and doc said I'd probably ovulated late.

Nothing to worry about. Enjoy getting to see baby again flowers

user1469631009 Wed 27-Jul-16 18:08:46

Thank you this has made me feel much better smile yes I saw heart beat and baby moving , I suppose it's just crazy to think how much they grow I. A week X

UnicornPee Wed 27-Jul-16 18:16:00

I think this happens a lot so don't worry. I had to return for my 20 week scan as they couldn't get all the heart measurements and I worried but I needent have. I got to see the baby again and more scan pics! She's now 8 and very well smile

Desmondo2016 Wed 27-Jul-16 20:26:56

They can't do the screening tests accurately until baby measured about 11 and a half weeks. Don't worry at all.. it's SO common to be put back a week or even more x

BittersweetRose Fri 29-Jul-16 13:01:11

I had to go back the next day as the baby wouldn't lie right for the measurements. They couldn't get the Downs one.

What do your notes say? It should say something like n/a if they couldn't get a measurement. Bit rubbish of them not to explain why they want you back again properly!

GlitteryFluff Fri 29-Jul-16 13:10:02

I went at 12wks for scan and they couldn't get the measurements they needed (I thought I was nearer 13, then thought I was only just 12 weeks) so I had to go back at 15wks yo be remeasured. Then when back for normal 20wk (nearly had to go back for that one too as he wasn't facing how they needed him too, had to walk up and down stairs to try to get him to move!)
DS was over 11lb when born (2 weeks late!) so definitely not small!

YorkieDorkie Fri 29-Jul-16 13:18:48

There was an identical thread to this s few days ago! You're just quite as far on as you thought smile absolutely no issue. They just can't physically measure your baby yet!

user1469631009 Fri 29-Jul-16 16:01:05

Thank you for all the replies I go on Thursday so we shall see I think it was more that they didn't really explain anything and being on consultant lead this time I suppose I'm just working myself up probably for nothing X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now