Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! fancy dress at 38 weeks pregnant!!

(19 Posts)
Ffion3107 Wed 27-Jul-16 15:24:27

We've been invited to a fancy dress only party at the end of August when I'll be 38 weeks pregnant.
The only maternity fancy dress outfits I've seen is an angel and a witch!
So any ideas appreciated?

ElspethFlashman Wed 27-Jul-16 15:28:21

Depends on how attractive you care about looking. The funniest ones I've seen are where you go as a male character, like Homer Simpson or similar, with "beer belly" included. As a plus, you get to wear comfy clothes!

Soon2bC Wed 27-Jul-16 15:30:49

that depends if you want just a fancy dress costume that anyone could wear or one which highlights the pregnancy.
I have had a look online and can see some cool ones including turning bump into the Death Star, Pumpkin and a moon (you could have a cow jumping over it) a pregnant nun seems to be popular.
a giant plastic plant pot with the bottom cut out and some braces attached can be bill and ben if you can get someone to join you (put a pot on your head as a hat too with a big flower in it)
are you going alone?

Soon2bC Wed 27-Jul-16 15:32:10

in fact google maternity fancy dress in images and there is a brilliant monsters inc one if you are brave enough to get bump out.

salsamad Wed 27-Jul-16 15:33:26

You could try any free flowing style of outfit eg Nun, Monk.
Or if you are creative wear black leggings and at shirt and make yourself an oven you can wear (large but light in weight cardboard box from electrical suppliers or supermarket and cover with tinfoil) - use cling film or better still a small sheet of Perspex for oven door with a printed picture of a "bun in the oven" behind the perspex. Make knobs out of card for front, for above the door, use four different sized circles of firm card for the rings on the top and a slot in the centre of top for your head and holes in side for your arms. grin

acatcalledjohn Wed 27-Jul-16 15:35:14

A pregnant nun is always a good one!

I rather like the Homer Simpson idea though grin

Soon2bC Wed 27-Jul-16 15:37:50

my sister once went as a table set for dinner with her head on a plate (maybe more for halloween) she made a big box into a table by putting table cloth over it gluing candles, paper plate and knives and forks and then cut a hole for her head! was brilliant!

Ffion3107 Wed 27-Jul-16 16:00:10

Thanks everyone, fab ideas!
Will be going with my partner.
Like the bun in the oven idea, maybe my partner could dress up as the baker who, very kindly, placed the bun in the oven grinblush

salsamad Wed 27-Jul-16 16:03:39

Ffion yes that sounds like a great idea to get your partner to go as the baker smile

stealthbanana Wed 27-Jul-16 16:03:41

The Virgin Mary about to give birth. DH can go as Jesus. 🙏🏻

kiwiscantfly Wed 27-Jul-16 16:09:40

I went as a pregnant nun once and DH was James Bond, because if anyone can get a nun pregnant it's James Bond! Also went as fat Elvis when 32 weeks recently, was a big hit!

mypropertea Wed 27-Jul-16 16:13:51

http://www.partiescostume.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Pacman-Ghost-Costumes.jpg

Ta-da

Ffion3107 Wed 27-Jul-16 16:31:07

Pregnant chav?!!

eltsihT Wed 27-Jul-16 17:09:59

I always wanted to dress up as a spider... But was never pregnant enough at Halloween. Just dress all in black and make 2 pairs of tights into extra legs .

miniswin Wed 27-Jul-16 22:56:33

What about Miley?

KayTee87 Thu 28-Jul-16 10:27:26

Was going to suggest the bun in the oven & baker costumes.

ElodieS Thu 28-Jul-16 12:20:21

Love the Miley idea!!

user1467983757 Thu 28-Jul-16 17:19:37

Love the bun in oven idea 😊

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Thu 28-Jul-16 23:04:57

I'm 30 weeks and feel massive. If it was me I'd go as a space hopper....but that might just be me blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now