Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight!!!!

(2 Posts)
AmyAmy29 Wed 27-Jul-16 13:27:17

Hi everyone

Today I've weighed myself for the first time since I hit 30 weeks...I'm now 33 + 3 and I am sill the exact same weight I was....I know in the third trimester the baby puts on all their fat so is the fact I haven't gained any weight concerning?

Whatsername17 Wed 27-Jul-16 14:00:51

Not really. It depends what weight you were/are to be honest. If you were carrying extra pounds before you got pregnant then it is entirely possible that, due to morning sickness or consciously eating well for your baby, you have lost weight but grown a baby. I was 10.5stone before I got pregnant with my daughter. The day before I delivered I was 11stone13. Three weeks after giving birth I was 10 stone. I had not even began to think about dieting and can honestly say - for the first time in my life - the weight went without me even trying. Due to quite severe acid reflux I'd been eating smaller meals. I lost weight while pregnant, but grew an almost 8lb baby+ placenta + boobs + water. A friend of mine lost a stone whilst pregnant and then realised post partum she'd actually lost 3! See your midwife though if you are worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now