Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks and Baby Hiccups at 39 weeks

(3 Posts)
Sophia1984 Wed 27-Jul-16 09:17:31

Morning all,
39 weeks tomorrow and had quite a night of it last night - constant baby movement, setting off Braxton Hicks, combined with feeling like baby was trying to alternately scrape/drill his way out of my cervix or bum ( I know, I have a way with words!).

The thing that worried me a bit is that baby seemed to have quite a few bouts of really strong hiccups too (or they possibly felt stronger now his head is down low). Does that seem normal/ok for this stage of things?

whiteychappers Wed 27-Jul-16 15:21:56

Well my baby seems to be doing all these things at 31 weeks! Hiccups daily and seems to favour playing with the exit hatch 😊

malvinandhobbes Wed 27-Jul-16 16:28:12

I am 39 weeks and have the same. The hiccups feel very low. (I can feel them all around). My baby gets the hiccups every night around 9pm, and then frequently during the night just to keep me up.

My older DC find the hiccups kind of thrilling. They touch my belly and find it both exciting and repellant. This is what is passing for fun in our house this summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now