Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Five am wake up again! The end is nigh and I cannot wait...

(5 Posts)
fruityb Wed 27-Jul-16 05:41:27

I'm awake again early as needed to pee. Have a symptomless water infection, third time, and am on day two of amoxicillin which I think has given me thrush already as I'm having itchy wee. Decided nothing is TMI anymore when pregnant lol.

Baby is laying in such a way that I cannot even lay on my back propped up and by this time in the morning I've swapped hips so often that the pain hasn't worn off the other one by the time I need to swap back. Have tried everything with pillows and still end up hurting so am just putting up with it. Have physio next week for what good they'll be able to do bless them.

Had a growth scan this week which shows baby isn't as enormous as though and just a good size, whatever that means. Took over two and a half hours at the hospital for that, waiting around was ridiculous.

Pregnancy was amazing till about 28 weeks and as much as I love feeling baby move around and I am so excited to meet them, I am so fed up of the swollen ankles, the carpal tunnel, the constant dropping of items that I then struggle to pick up, the night sweats, the hip pain, the struggling to walk and the general feeling of feeling great and then my body just hurting, the fear of cramp every time I stretch and the general exhaustion. Need you here now baby!!

Needed a moan, thank you for reading if you did smile

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 27-Jul-16 05:49:39

How many weeks are you now OP? I had 5 am wake ups mainly needing the loo or having my daily nose bleed which was lovely hmm.

I'm now awake at 5am feeding my 2 week old bundle of joy. Who is currently smelling divine and lying across my tummy smile

Good luck with the birth hope all goes well

fruityb Wed 27-Jul-16 05:54:12

36+3 so I know the end is in sight and at most I will have a baby at some point in the next 5 weeks. I cannot wait to make my DP a daddy and to have baby here. It's just the pain and discomfort are just too much now and I'm not particularly good at keeping still - I like to be up and about. I've always been able to walk for ages and now I really struggle. Need baby here so I can start to feel somewhere near normal again, or even just to get rid of the boulder it feels like I'm carrying!

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 27-Jul-16 06:25:51

Well you should rest as much as you can, you'll need your energy for when baby arrives grin

The last few weeks are a drag but baby will be here soon

fruityb Wed 27-Jul-16 06:32:04

I am resting in the day and feeling better for it but sleep is just becoming a major issue. I wake up in pain, turning over hurts and I feel like I'm being squished if I lay on my back. Am going to go downstairs and grab an hour on the sofa I think in a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now