Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 weeks and feeling anxious

(18 Posts)
AddictedtoGreys Tue 26-Jul-16 14:28:04

Hi everyone, I'm 35+3 and the last couple of days I have been feeling really anxious, like something is going to happen. Don't know what exactly, just something. I am not sleeping well as to be expected, and I am feeling a lot of pressure and pushing at the bottom of my bump. Been having slight crampy pains on and off a few days, no braxton hicks though. I have a 3 year old DS but don't remember feeling like this towards the end of that pregnancy.

I don't really have anyone to talk to about this in RL. My friends and are all too busy for a decent conversation and my DH just doesn't get it, even though he tries.

Did anyone else feel like this at this point? Not having contractions or had a show or anything, but I suppose in worried I am going to go too early and have a premature baby.

quitecrunchy Tue 26-Jul-16 15:43:53

Hi addicted, I'm at a similar stage to you (36+1) and have had similar the last couple of weeks. For me the cramps have been very mild and just at the bottom of the bump. I've just been putting it down to the baby starting to engage and the sheer weight pushing down. No signs of an imminent arrival here anyway. What you describe sounds quite normal to me but if you have a strong feeling something's wrong there's no harm in giving your midwife a call and explaining.

quitecrunchy Tue 26-Jul-16 15:44:43

Hi addicted, I'm at a similar stage to you (36+1) and have had similar the last couple of weeks. For me the cramps have been very mild and just at the bottom of the bump. I've just been putting it down to the baby starting to engage and the sheer weight pushing down. No signs of an imminent arrival here anyway. What you describe sounds quite normal to me but if you have a strong feeling something's wrong there's no harm in giving your midwife a call and explaining.

quitecrunchy Tue 26-Jul-16 15:45:21

Sorry, don't know why that posted twice!

AddictedtoGreys Tue 26-Jul-16 16:30:32

Thank you. It's nice to know someone else a feeling the same. I don't feel like something is wrong as such, just more I might go into early labour. Probably just me being worried combined with the pressure/cramps. And running around after a 3 year old! Was so much easier the first time when I only had me to worry about grin

quitecrunchy Tue 26-Jul-16 16:53:02

This is my first and I've no idea how folk manage the later stages with a toddler in tow, it's knackering enough as it is! Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy and birth!

EreniTheFrog Tue 26-Jul-16 17:48:01

I found during my second pregnancy that I noticed far more aches and pains than during my first - not sure if it was pregnancy-related, or simply the constantly chasing DD. But in any case, what you describe sounds very normal for 36 weeks. I'd check with the midwife, but would try not to worry.

AddictedtoGreys Tue 26-Jul-16 17:59:55

Thanks everyone. I am seeing the midwife on Monday so I will have a chat with her then smile

Farfromtheusual Tue 26-Jul-16 18:18:50

Aww, we are due date twins grin

Farfromtheusual Tue 26-Jul-16 18:22:47

And I know how you feel - I keep thinking my waters are going to break any minute - either on my brand new matress, my cream sofa or when DP isnt home. Also feel totally unprepared and keep putting off packing my hospital bag. My pushchair and car seat haven't even been deliverered yet cos they messed up and I am freaking out. Find out tomorrow if I have to be induced early or have a CS! Fingers crossed I don't!

kiki22 Tue 26-Jul-16 19:23:41

I'm 35 and have been feeling the same lots of cramps Braxton hicks and random aches n pains the midwife told me the baby is engaged so prepare for an earlier baby than ds was now I feel paranoid I'm going to have a premie! Last night I had the runs (sorry) and hardly slept for worrying I would then go into labour feel fine today though.

I think with ds I was really excited and keen for him to be born this time its not going to be a case of yay I'm in labour, I will need to sort ds out which is crap us its the middle of the night, I know what's coming which is bloody scary and I know how crazy those first few weeks will be. Its true what they say ignorance is bliss.

winewolfhowls Tue 26-Jul-16 19:45:47

I think you may be me, same aged toddler and number of weeks and symptoms. It definitely wasn't like this last time! I just have a feeling I'm not going to get beyond 37 weeks.

AddictedtoGreys Tue 26-Jul-16 20:39:20

wine me too. I'm just going to cross my legs and hold them in!

farfrom my due date is 27th August. So glad in not alone feeling like this!!

kiki yes I am worried about going into labour over lift and sorting out my DS but I'm hoping that it will be daytime! And if anything like my last labour I will have plenty of time to sort out childcare smile

Farfromtheusual Tue 26-Jul-16 21:00:20

I know it's very unlikely but I'm hoping they will let try and me go until my due date as 27th August is my MILs bday and she is beyond excited and is determined the baby will be coming on time grin

AddictedtoGreys Wed 27-Jul-16 08:32:32

Not a good night last night! Woke up a few times with a dull ache across my bump, and asleep on my back which made me cough loads as I couldn't breath! I was told baby was breach at 31w but had turned head down at 34w, now I feel it has moved out of position again sad

winewolfhowls Wed 27-Jul-16 20:25:14

Not a good night here either, sore bump like constant period pain and sore back for hours. Saw midwife today and she said baby engaged but not fully possible uti they are sending my wee off to be tested.

Your baby may not have moved out of position, Lord knows I can never tell when the midwife is describing the position when feeling around. Fingers crossed we both sleep better tonight

AddictedtoGreys Thu 28-Jul-16 14:57:27

How was your night wine? Mine wasn't too bad. Is your toddler sleeping well? Mine is waking often with the heat sad I have he midwife Monday so will find out then if baby has moved. I don't think it has moved massively but don't think it is engaged yet either. Can't wait to have my body back!! grin

winewolfhowls Thu 28-Jul-16 16:27:08

Much better and toddler slept whippee. Not hot here it's rainy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now