Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Home birth - what were your essentials?

(3 Posts)
Obliviated Mon 25-Jul-16 10:28:02

I'm planning to have a home birth. I'm thinking that I will need something to cover the sofa or bed? Dust sheets maybe?

I've seen shower curtains mentioned before? And I'm guessing i will need lots of towels?

MerlinsScarf Mon 25-Jul-16 11:44:12

Didn't want to read and run. Hopefully someone will be along in a minute with home birth experience, I didn't have one myself. Something you might find useful though is a birthing ball, if you don't already have one?

Clarab0w Mon 25-Jul-16 14:23:47

hi obliviated - me too! i'm at 39 weeks at the moment so getting all set up.

can't comment obviously on what my essentials were but the midwife told us to buy a couple of cheap shower curtains for throwing across sofas/ beds etc. we're also planning to use a pool for pain relief or the birth itself - we've borrowed a friend's pool and bought a new liner/ pump/ sieve (yep) as well as a torch and hand mirror (the midwife uses these to see the baby's progress if i deliver in the pool).

hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now