Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Neobona v Harmony NIPT

(5 Posts)
Bellabelloo Sun 24-Jul-16 17:22:46

Has anyone chosen the new Neobona test over the Harmony test? My clinic have just switched over but it is an additional £400 and I can't quite work out whether it is worth the additional money...

farahshog89 Wed 07-Sep-16 20:49:46

Hi Bellabelloo,
What did you end up doing? We are now faced with the same dilema. The combined test showed high risk and unsure which test to choose next. Would be great to get our advice.
Thanks!

wakefieldMonkey Thu 10-Nov-16 15:51:46

I recently had a neoBona in London after research around Harmony testing online I found neobona was the better test due to the low level of the babies dna in mothers blood. I had a small placenta detected on my scan at 12 weeks. Due to a high risk with triple test on NHS due to me being 40 I decided i wanted to have the NIPT test to put your mind at rest early in my pregnancy. I was 13 weeks and wouldn't have a invasive test due to previous miscarriages as I had finally got to 12 weeks. So I paid £500 and i had the blood test along with a scan to check babies heart beat. After the appointment the clinic gave me a call to go through my results which were all ok and to inform me I was having a baby girl. (I already have a boy so this was exciting news!!) I had the basic neobona with fetal sex. Hope that helps!! The relief is worth every penny, believe me.

ConvincingLiar Thu 10-Nov-16 16:23:21

NIFTY is another alternative.

feesh Thu 10-Nov-16 18:32:53

I've had Neobona and the lab in Spain lost my sample and didn't think to inform my private clinic. It was only after waiting two weeks and my private clinic hassling them (after the Neobona clinic ignored emails originally) that we found out. So I have to have my bloods re-drawn. Not impressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now