Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this spotting or the start of a MM.

(14 Posts)
Rose79baby Sat 23-Jul-16 07:39:38

Hi
I'm 9 weeks today and I woke up and went to the bathroom, when I wiped I had dark brown/red blood. I also had this at 6 weeks since then we've had 2 sonograms and we've seen the baby's heartbeat.
I haven't had any pain apart from 2 nights ago I had really bad trapped wind!! (Sorry TMI) and it was painful. My boobs are still veiny and sore. But I have no other symptoms. I'm so scared I'm losing the baby.
Has anyone else had this? I'm going to a&e but I won't be scanned until Monday/Tuesday (it's now Saturday morning!!).
Any advice please x

divadee Sat 23-Jul-16 11:45:59

Have you had sex recently? That's what caused my dark brown and red blood last week the hospital thinks. It can happen up to more than 72 hours afterwards.

LondonGirl83 Sat 23-Jul-16 12:14:59

Its very common to have off coloured discharge. Its happened to me and following scan all was fine. I wouldn't panic unless it gets much heavier.

skatesection Sat 23-Jul-16 12:19:07

I had this and the doc said as long as it was brown, it was less concerning. And seeing the heartbeat is a good sign. The docs will want to scan you to make sure but I had the same thing at the same week and I think it had something to do with the lining that wasn't needed for the baby coming out...

PhoebeGeebee Sat 23-Jul-16 12:22:08

If you're 9 weeks and have seen a HB then I'd be less inclined to worry. I had red spotting and called the EPU to be told if it wasn't heavy or getting worse, and if I had no pain or cramping, just to keep an eye on it over the next few days.

It's absolutely the worst advice but genuinely, all you can really do right now is wait. I was told any bleeding in pregnancy is not normal but incredibly common and very often turns out to be harmless.

Rose79baby Sat 23-Jul-16 18:20:20

Thank you for your advise
The bleeding became faint after an hour, and I didn't need a pad (it was only when I wiped). I've had no cramping or pain.
I'm booked in on Monday for a scan, so hopefully we'll see a heartbeat again. smile

Rose79baby Mon 25-Jul-16 17:50:25

I want to conclude this, as I hate reading a thread and never knowing the outcome.
We saw a heartbeat. Roll on 12 weeks grin

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Mon 25-Jul-16 18:00:53

Lovely news. Wishing you a trouble free pregnancy smile

skatesection Mon 25-Jul-16 18:05:25

HIGH FIVE

LondonGirl83 Mon 25-Jul-16 18:33:31

Yay! Very happy for you. These first 12 weeks are such a roller coaster!

Rose79baby Mon 25-Jul-16 20:36:30

Thank you ladies. It's nice to have the support. It can feel such a long, lonely time these first 12 weeks smile

AspiringMother Tue 26-Jul-16 11:58:45

As your new baby is growing, it can cause small bleeds. These can usually be detected on a scan - they're known as something but I've forgot! When I had an early private scan, the lady there did warn me so that if I did bleed a little bit (which I didn't in the end), then I shouldn't worry as much as it could just be the baby growing. Chin up and relax! flowers

AspiringMother Tue 26-Jul-16 11:59:40

Oh and congratulations! Just seen your update. grin

Rose79baby Tue 26-Jul-16 15:10:44

Thank you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now