Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why would i have consultant/midwife mixed care in my previous pregnancy

(4 Posts)
abbinobb Thu 21-Jul-16 17:55:37

Just found out im pregnant again so been thinking about it.
My pregnancy wasn't classed as high risk or anything, my bmi was fine etc
So i'm really confused! I did have a different 'team' of midwives that in our area is for vulnerable people- im not vulnerable confused but they said because i was "young" i had to use this different midwife team ( i was 21, not that young) but so did everyone else i know who was 21 and under.
but the consultant bit is the bit thats got me confused, I had no complications of anything at all.
The only thing i can think is that i didn't find out i was pregnant until quite late, 15 weeks- could it have been that?

Northernlight22 Sat 23-Jul-16 09:01:37

There are lots of different markers for consultant led care - there's a form in my notes which tell me which factors I met.

I don't see it as a bad thing really, only a few more appointments and for me additional scans which I'm pleased about as most people don't get any after 20 weeks

PrincessHairyMclary Sat 23-Jul-16 09:10:42

Young mums are anyone under 25 years old.

I was under midwife/consultant led care simply because DDs head measurements were slightly off. He was fine I just had extra scans, later in pregnancy they thought I had low amniotic fluid but I was already under the consultant by that point.

AveEldon Sat 23-Jul-16 09:18:03

Late booking onto MW care would cause a referral at my hospital
The same with being young

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now