Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spa break

(4 Posts)
LBNM19 Thu 21-Jul-16 09:29:05

I am going on a spa break with the girls this weekend.

Have been really looking forward to it and booked before I knew I was pregnant.

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have seen diffrent advise online regarding what I can actually use.

I'm having a facial which I know is fine.

Can I really not use the jacuzzi, steam room or sauna?

Not sure if to call the midwifes to check I feel a bit silly. X

MrsMKJ Thu 21-Jul-16 09:35:23

Hi there, usually the staff at the spa will keep you right, don't worry. But in any case, I love a spa day and usually sit on the edge of the jacuzzi with my feet in which is fine. I would avoid the sauna as its dry heat but maybe you could try the steam room just for a few minutes. The worry is about your core temp rising too much. I've been on a few spa days whilst pregnant and totally enjoyed even with little adaptations! Enjoy!!!

Karabi Thu 21-Jul-16 11:08:31

They say a jacuzzi is fine if you're only in for a very short period of time or if you just semi-submerge yourself. I'd say a definite no to a sauna (and don't know how you could stand it either lol)

LBNM19 Thu 21-Jul-16 23:26:45

I suppose so lol. Jacuzzi is the main thing I'm intrested in using. Thanks for your replies. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now