Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How is everyone...

(23 Posts)
salemtheteenagecat Wed 20-Jul-16 11:49:23

Keeping cool...I am 25 weeks and struggling with the heat and cool suggestions I should be trying I have my feet in cool water..blinds closed windows opened!

Am I missing an amazing trick?

Lisad1975 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:52:48

25 weeks here too and tired!
Yesterday was a bit uncomfy but today ok so far!

Lisad1975 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:53:25

Have no tricks I am afraid !

HP07 Wed 20-Jul-16 12:30:05

31 weeks here and struggling to sleep in the heat and keep cool so I can't help either. Luckily for me I don't have to work in the daytime and my last evening at work is this Friday so I can just relax and eat ice lollies!

salemtheteenagecat Wed 20-Jul-16 12:30:26

It's horrible isint! Sat patiently waiting for the thunderstorm to come and hoping this will bring the temp down X

dylsmimi Wed 20-Jul-16 12:33:06

31 weeks here too - I have relocated to the spare room even if it's a single bed as the bed is under the window and I kept that open last night with a cool flannel on my head!
Not much sleep but at home today working with the fan on. Any extra tips welcome
Oh and ice cream /lollies are a necessity! grin

EnglebertSlaptyback Wed 20-Jul-16 12:58:50

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow & trying to keep all my limbs from touching in bed is impossible now I can no longer sleep on my back!
I read one post earlier suggesting you wet a hand towel and wring it out. Place this over your legs and sleep! I'm doing this tonight!!
Otherwise I'm in an office with no air con. Lovely colleagues buy me ice lollies though smile

MyMrKnightley Wed 20-Jul-16 13:00:54

Dip in the sea - amazing followed by ice lollies

salemtheteenagecat Wed 20-Jul-16 13:02:58

Has anybody tried the sheet in the freezer trick...desperate times and all that!

I agree ice lolly all the way trying to mix it up between ice lolly and ice cream.

Might put some bottles of water in the freezer for this evening.

IamChipmunk Wed 20-Jul-16 14:23:50

I'm 39 weeks and last night was horrible. I'm hoping tonight will be better. I hav all the windows open and there is a breeze today. Blinds down on sunny side of the house.
sleep in as few clothes as possible.
I'm consoling myself that at least I'm not in labour yet and it's cooling down a bit from today...

kiki22 Wed 20-Jul-16 16:40:15

I got an ice pac I keep for ds's many bumps and bangs from the freezer put it in a sock then put it under my sports bra strap the cool on my back was amazing, once it started to melt I took the sock off it lasted about 2 hours before it was totally cooled down got me to the supermarket and home without melting.

ClarkL Wed 20-Jul-16 16:44:12

I had my boy 12 years ago next week and remember the pain and agony of the heat all too well, I was in no way lady like. I ordered a giant paddling pool, stuck on a bikini and sat in it. We lived next to a garage and only had chain link fencing!!

However my saviour was:
Air conditioned pub, lots of soda water and mix with lemonade to keep costs down
Gel eye masks in the freezer
Regular cool showers
Hair up

It is far too hot to worry about what you look like, just be comfortable!

daydream86 Wed 20-Jul-16 16:49:16

baby bath filled with cool wager makes an excellent cooling foot bath I've found smile

daydream86 Wed 20-Jul-16 16:50:33

cool water, I mean of course!

madeupmummylife Wed 20-Jul-16 17:06:48

32 weeks and haven't put clothes on until the evening for a couple of days! Luckily I'm just working from home so sat in my Calvins is acceptable until someone knocks the door! Saving leaving the house until around 7pm and even then, Sainsburys for Rennies is as far as I'm going!

salemtheteenagecat Wed 20-Jul-16 17:08:07

I have a bucket full of water at the moment and my neighbour came to my rescue and lent me their fan grin so grateful!! I have summer shorts and vest top that I have spilt ice pop down I am definitely not worried about looking glamorous ha!

Luckystar1 Wed 20-Jul-16 17:12:17

38+5 with a 20 month old. I'm dying. He's not sleeping very well, I'm up all night panicking about him sleeping, it's not a good combo!

On the plus side DH has bought us an air con unit! Legend! I'm praying he brings it home with him today!

MetalMidget Wed 20-Jul-16 18:25:21

39+2, I'm lying around naked like Jabba the Hutt with a load of fans on the go!

Lou2711 Wed 20-Jul-16 18:33:57

35+5 and dying!!
I have been having multiple cold showers and letting myself air dry (it actually really helps), plus loads of drinks and wearing next to nothing!!
Can't wait for this heat to be over, keep telling all my friends to not coincide their last 3 months with summer, if only someone had been kind enough to warn mewink

LurkingQuietly Wed 20-Jul-16 18:40:43

Iced water bucket - feet in. Cools you down so quickly and enough for you to then go and get to sleep. Trust me. I was there three years ago and this saved my life (more accurately saved my DH's life as I was raging. Permanently)

salemtheteenagecat Wed 20-Jul-16 19:31:28

I love the jabba hut and can relate! All that we can think is this time next year we will be frantically trying to cool our newborns down grin

DrWhy Wed 20-Jul-16 19:33:10

32+6 and amazingly grateful that I live in northern Scotland!

Luckystar1 Wed 20-Jul-16 20:58:35

Yes I have to say, I'm glad baby isn't here yet as while its inside it's only me that's hot. I'm panicked enough by keeping the 20 month old cool never mind a newborn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now