Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are you in labour yet??

(7 Posts)
KayTee87 Sat 16-Jul-16 10:54:23

39 weeks today and if one more person asks me this I'm going to fucking scream!!!!

MollyCule Sat 16-Jul-16 11:33:34

I'm having the same problem, so annoying! I know everyone is just excited but it is serioulsy pissing me off as well. I trier not replying but then they think you're in labour because you haven't responded. So I've just been sending fairly short responses in the hope they get the idea! If I ever have another one I'm going to give people a fake due date!

MrsChrisPratt Sat 16-Jul-16 11:33:38

Are you in labour yet? grin

April241 Sat 16-Jul-16 11:37:58

I'm 25 weeks with twins and the amount of people who've said "oooh not long now eh??" when they see my bump!!! I always just stare and say "actually about 12 weeks to go thanks" pfft.

Also - how many people have said to you WOW YOU'RE MASSIVE!!!! o_0 really?! You'd never say that to someone who was actually obese, people just have no filter.

Laura05 Sat 16-Jul-16 11:50:41

God this drives you crazy eh?! My DD was 4days late so I knew DS would be late too but still everyone would message me daily (from 38weeks I might add!) to ask if there was any update!!

My mil was the worst lol I kept telling her she'd be the first to bloody know seeing as she was coming round to watch DD anyway!! Duh!!

KayTee87 Sat 16-Jul-16 13:43:32

Harassed for the third time today for 15 minutes on the phone 'have you had any signs of labour' 'what position is the baby in' 'have you had any pains or anything' 'you must let me know as soon as you go into labour'. I'm going to end up turning my phone off and not speaking to any one at all at this rate. Why MUST I let anyone know when I go into labour - it's not a spectator sport.

I think people forget that they aren't the only people constantly questioning me. It's beginning to really stress me out.

dramalamma Sat 16-Jul-16 19:21:09

I"m just ignoring at the moment - if they want to take that to mean I'm in labour that's up to them - and screw that to telling them as soon as you're in labour?!?! The only people who'll know for me is the midwives, DH and the people who are looking after my kids! I sympathise..... afraid it only gets worse when you're overdue too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now