Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Five weeks pregnant - symptoms up and down

(10 Posts)
ljomrs Fri 15-Jul-16 16:20:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ljomrs Fri 15-Jul-16 16:26:00

wineapotamus Fri 15-Jul-16 16:32:06

I'm 5+4 and also v worried due to a previous miscarriage (although mine was 16 months ago and it's taken me this long to get up the stick again). I have no advice only to say that the line on your test looks v conclusive! We just have to wait and hope and remind ourselves that the chances are that everything will be fine this time. Easier said than done!

Heatherbell1978 Fri 15-Jul-16 16:32:30

Hi I know how you feel. I had a mc a couple of years ago and fell pregnant again next month. I was so worried but once I got past the 7 wk mark (when I miscarried before) I just got gradually less worried with each week and milestone.
I'm now 7 weeks pregnant with #2 and my symptoms are far less pronounced than last time. Nausea started a week ago but not as bad as last time and boobs haven't tingled at all...but...I can actually feel my uterus expanding! Because it's number 2 this happens faster I think. Like you I'll be happier once I've got through a few milestones!

missybct Fri 15-Jul-16 16:37:31

Week 5 was a nightmare for me - symptoms came and went and came again and the second I thought "yep, this is it" they'd swan off again never to be seen.

I have to admit I was very lucky until about week 10 with symptoms and then everything kicked off. Traditionally the strongest of symptoms tend to kick in around week 6-7, so please do not worry too much but I understand why, I did too! The wait before 12 weeks was horrible.

Congratulations flowers

ljomrs Fri 15-Jul-16 17:05:23

ljomrs Fri 15-Jul-16 17:06:38

TiramisuIsMyFriend Fri 15-Jul-16 17:15:19

Sorry about your mc last month, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

There is no reason that one miscarriage should mean a raised risk of another. Also you're still early on for symptoms- mine came and went for weeks and weeks. Am now almost 25 weeks and all is well. Your hormones are fluctuating massively so it's very normal to be quite up and down.

Try to relax and enjoy flowers

Jodie1982 Fri 15-Jul-16 18:49:21

With every one of my pregnancies the symptoms never kicked in till about 7wks, it hit me like a freight train.
I'm sure your perfectly fine. Try to relax. Congratulations flowers

ljomrs Fri 15-Jul-16 21:04:01

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now