Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swept

(7 Posts)
londonrach Fri 15-Jul-16 14:40:57

Just had a swept If it works how long does it take?

DesignedForLife Fri 15-Jul-16 21:42:30

How longs a piece of string? Unhelpful I know, but it's more of a it will gently help you along rather than a certain way to induce labour.

I had 3 with DD, and I'm convinced they helped. But obviously not very quickly.

londonrach Sat 16-Jul-16 05:46:38

Thanks designed. Nothing yet so take it failed. Midwife will do it again next week she said and have induction booked wk after if it fails again.

DesignedForLife Sat 16-Jul-16 09:07:27

Keep on going for walks etc, it all can help. Don't bother with curry, that just results in indegestion! DD came hours before I was due to be induced- 13 days over!

WiIdfire Sat 16-Jul-16 09:09:26

I had three sweeps and nothing.
My sister had one - started contracting gently a few hours later. Second sweep after 48 hours and baby born 6 hours after that.

If you get some result from this but it isn't much, consider a second one.

londonrach Sat 16-Jul-16 18:54:13

Another one next week but nothing to date yet and over 24 hours!!!

OhGoToSleepPlease Sat 16-Jul-16 18:57:03

I had one on he Wed afternoon & waters broke early hours of Sat morning. Convinced it was the sweep that did it.
Labour didn't start until late Sat night but I think that was because I was terrified of being induced the next day more than anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now