Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction day has arrived!

(18 Posts)
cheekymummy89 Fri 15-Jul-16 08:07:21

So so very nervous! Waiting to go to the hospital now to start my induction at 38+2 weeks. Don't know what to expect, or feel. Can't help but panic. I've heard so many lovely birthing stories but also read a few not so nice ones. My first born was an amazing labour no induction and born on his due date. Quick delivery etc. I'm just hoping this one follows and let's me have a pleasant birth. I'm having the 24hr pessary tampon thing today and see how I progress then another one tomorrow if that doesn't work. After that it will be waters and drip if needed. Really don't want the drip that's the bit I'm dreading the most so I'm trying to keep thinking positive. Will be doing lots of walking around the hospital and drinking plemty of fluids. Other than that just got to see what happens. Hopefully a few short hours from now and I will be holding my gorgeous little boy in my arms and it will all be over. My son is so excited and in a way I feel awful that I'm leaving him to go and wait around for this baby to be born. I know he's in safe hands with his grandparents but it's not the same.

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 15-Jul-16 08:11:43

Exiting day OP!!
I was induced last year with a pessary and the drip, and it was totally fine! Nothing like the horror show I was expecting!
Stay relaxed and just go with the flow smile and enjoy the gas and air wink

smellsofelderberries Fri 15-Jul-16 10:29:50

No experience of induction as I'm pregnant with my first, but just wanted to say good luck! Very exciting! My sister was induced for both of hers with the drip and didn't have too bad a time of things. Keep us posted!

BerylMeeps Fri 15-Jul-16 10:39:42

Oooh I'm having a meeting Monday to see if they're going to do me 😀 Watching with interest, good luck and please anybody chip in with induction stories!! cakeflowerschocolate and lots of luck to you OP !! X

Buttwing Fri 15-Jul-16 10:47:02

2 out of my 4 births were inductions and they were amazing positive experiences. In all on honesty at first they were a bit boring as not much happened for the first 24 hours but once I was in proper labour it was great. I chose to have an epidural and still pushed them out no problem (and one was 10lb8) and both were born back to back so on paper should have been tricky but was fine!

Good luck everything crossed for youflowers

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 15-Jul-16 10:59:32

BerylMeeps My induction couldn't have been more positive!! I had the pessary, was contracting within about 20mins. Things slowed down a bit, so I was put on the drip to get it moving regularly again.
About 3 hours after my first contraction, my daughter was born!
Bit of gas and air, and 5 internal stitches that I didn't even know were there after the first day!
Hope all goes well for you!!!

cheekymummy89 Fri 15-Jul-16 12:16:07

Well I was admitted onto induction ward at 11 was monitored until 30 mins ago. She's just examined me and I'm already 2cm! So I'm not have the pessary at all now. Got to go back in 3 hours to be monitored again etc but she said they will just break my waters once the other ladies have gone in and the labour ward isn't too busy. They are checker today!

BerylMeeps Fri 15-Jul-16 14:22:40

Oh how exciting! Good luck!

cheekymummy89 Fri 15-Jul-16 14:52:41

Well it looks like I won't be having my waters broken until at least tomorrow morning! The labour ward is far too busy apparently and there's still 3 ladies to go before me. So bored lol wish my waters would just go on their own

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 15-Jul-16 15:53:38

cheeky lots of things you can do at home to give your waters a nudge if you're already 2cm dilated smile
Keep active....and sorry if TMI, but DH and I had sex, and my waters broke with a very slight trickle immediately afterwards blush Midwife said that's the most natural way to nudge things in the right direction!!

Buttwing Fri 15-Jul-16 16:35:41

Oh no how annoying!! I had a four day wait with one of mine will they let you go home?

cheekymummy89 Fri 15-Jul-16 17:48:17

Apparently they want me in over night no idea why because I've had nothing medical done except an examination. And if they really are busy then I'm basically just sat here waiting or sleeping! So fed up

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 15-Jul-16 19:57:49

cheeky maybe they are keeping you in just in case a bed frees up and they can get your waters broken and things on the move for you smile

cheekymummy89 Sun 17-Jul-16 06:37:50

I am so pleased to be able announce that I finally have birth to my beautiful son at 20.17pm last night he weighed a tiny 5lb 8oz but is perfectly healthy. 3 hours labour time 1 hour pushing. Was definitely more difficult than my first, as the midwife realised he was back to back as I was pushing lol. Only needed waters breaking to get things going so I think all in all I had quite a good experience. NO MORE NOW THOUGH lol

MyBreadIsEggy Sun 17-Jul-16 07:00:47

Congratulations cheeky!! flowers
Hope you are both resting up and snuggling lots grin

Buttwing Sun 17-Jul-16 08:12:16

Congratulations cheekyflowers enjoy the newborn snuggles!

BerylMeeps Sun 17-Jul-16 13:19:14

Congratulations!!

cheekymummy89 Mon 18-Jul-16 06:28:58

Thankyou guys! Was allowed home yesterday so feeling a lot more relaxed and comfortable. Currently sat having snuggles after his feed! He's just amazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now