Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Glucose in urine but passed GD test?

(7 Posts)
charlottexox Thu 14-Jul-16 19:48:24

I had my 34 week MW appointment today, and she found glucose in my urine (she said 2 traces? and put "GLUCOSE++" in my notes, not sure what that means!?) I had my GD test at 26 weeks which I passed, but was wondering does this mean I have now developed GD? I have to go back tomorrow to get my urine retested, but last night I did gorge in a hefty amount of chocolate (yes I know, naughty indeed! grin) Was wondering if anyone else has had this?

kiki22 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:20:27

I did the other day to then done finger prick for my blood sugar and was fine I had a huge bar of chocolate before my appointment blush

KayTee87 Thu 14-Jul-16 20:56:29

I passed my gtt and ended up with glucose in urine at my 38 week appointment, they weren't worried as I had eaten a load of crap before doing the urine test.

Noodledoodledoo Fri 15-Jul-16 08:02:44

It can also fluctuates depending on time of day. I always do sample before eating in the morning (appointments normally first thing) so that can be quite misleading.

Just tend to get asked if I had drunk/eaten before etc.

Unicorn22 Fri 15-Jul-16 10:20:37

I had 2+ glucose in my urine pretty much from the beginning of my pregnancy. Had two gtt tests but both came back normal. Strangely the glucose vanished from my urine at 36 weeks. The consultant didn't seem fussed that I had glucose in my urine with negative gtt tests.

Mummyme87 Fri 15-Jul-16 11:07:49

Depends what you ate before the appointment. Fruit, fruit juice, jam, cereal, sugar in tea, sweets/chocolate, cake etc etc... Anything with high sugar. Fruit is the worst cause for glucose in urine. It does not mean you have gestational diabetes necessarily

Noodledoodledoo Fri 15-Jul-16 12:23:59

My midwife also advised me to reduce the honey and lemon I was drinking to ease a cough I had had for 11 weeks prior to my gtt test, I was also using a glycerol syrup to get a good nights sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now