Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm pregnant but I'm now on my own

(11 Posts)
MissSunshine123 Wed 13-Jul-16 13:53:55

I've recently come out of a relationship which wasn't a very healthy one. I have then discovered that I'm pregnant. What shall I do?!

PurpleDaisies Wed 13-Jul-16 13:56:20

What do you want to do?! Noone can answer that for you. Have you got a job/support around you?

You could make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to a counsellor who will tell you through all your options.

flowers, this must have been a big shock.

AnotherEmma Wed 13-Jul-16 14:02:28

Well done for ending an unhealthy relationship. Whatever happens now, you definitely did the right thing to end it.

Are you unsure about whether to continue with the pregnancy? If so I agree with Purple that you should see your GP and ask for counselling to talk through your options. Do you know roughly how many weeks pregnant you are?

Can I also suggest that you get this thread moved to the "Pregnancy Choices" board which is specifically for women deciding whether or not to continue their pregnancy? You will probably get more / more appropriate advice and support there.

MissSunshine123 Wed 13-Jul-16 14:05:58

I have just started my dream job a few weeks ago. And I don't know if my family would be supportive.
I'm just stuck as to what I do! I'm an over thinker and think the worse

PurpleDaisies Wed 13-Jul-16 14:07:52

What's your instinct? Would you like to be a mum?

Dutchcourage Wed 13-Jul-16 14:08:24

miss how far do you think you could be as that will factor in on your choices?

AnotherEmma Wed 13-Jul-16 14:08:25

How old are you?
Do you have any children already?
Do you think that the father would want to be involved in the child's life, and do you think he would be a good father?

If I was in your situation, they would be big factors for me.

MissSunshine123 Wed 13-Jul-16 14:11:37

I would say only 3-4 weeks so very early. I have had an abortion in the past sad I always thought that if it happened then I would be certain about it. But from how the father was with me it scares me that I will have a connection to him through this baby?

AnotherEmma Wed 13-Jul-16 14:14:41

"from how the father was with me it scares me that I will have a connection to him through this baby?"

It's your decision but this would decide it for me, personally. I would not want that man's child.

How old are you love?

MissSunshine123 Wed 13-Jul-16 20:09:03

I'm 24

AnotherEmma Wed 13-Jul-16 21:34:14

IMO you're old enough to have a child, if that's what you want, but also young enough to be able to wait, if that's what you'd prefer. I really think counselling would be a good idea especially as you've come out of a difficult relationship - it might help to process your feelings about that as well as your feelings about the pregnancy. You do have time to think about it before making a final decision, but don't delay getting some counselling to help you work through the decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now