Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ways to bring on labour?!

(6 Posts)
LimesMum Wed 13-Jul-16 06:59:44

I've read lots of different stories about this but seems lots of it is old wives tale kind of stuff?!?

Does anyone have anything they think really worked for them? Very keen to avoid sweep or induction confusedconfusedconfused

DesignedForLife Wed 13-Jul-16 11:32:03

Don't bother with curry, that will just give you indegestion. Go for everything else (not castor oil - very dangerous apparently) that you feel up to.

I went 13 days over with DD. Lots of sweeps, long walks, bouncing on ball, DH driving me over speed bumps, sex, etc etc. she came a couple hours before due to be induced. Can't say if anything did work, but it's all worth a shot imo!

DesignedForLife Wed 13-Jul-16 11:32:44

Oh, and sweeps aren't that bad. Unpleasant, but over in a couple of seconds.

NapQueen Wed 13-Jul-16 11:34:31

Sex.

Coconutty Wed 13-Jul-16 11:37:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

adagio Wed 13-Jul-16 11:41:51

I believe the only 'proven' one is sex as semen contains prostaglandin which is the same stuff they use in the gel/pessary for induction.

I personally also bathed in clary sage essential oil hot baths, stuck EPO capsules up my whatnot, ate everything suggested online (the theory is that as your intestine in next to your uterus anything which clears out that might encourage your uterus too - hence spicy food) I didn't bother with pineapple due to the volumes needed!

I bounced and rotated on ball, massive long walks - basically anything that theoretically pushes the babies head more firmly into the cervix might help. I went 4 days over with my first 5 days over with my second, but in fairness both came on the date I expected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now