Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I really preggers?

(12 Posts)
madamesarcasm Mon 11-Jul-16 17:53:50

Hi I'm a mum of a 7 year old and have been with my new partner (after a long time if single parent life) for four months! I'm new here...

I'm 2 weeks late and took a test Saturday and today which is + but how come it's so late showing up? Anyone else had this?

NeedACleverNN Mon 11-Jul-16 18:02:27

That is definitely a positive result

Congratulations

user1467983757 Mon 11-Jul-16 18:03:25

You have to discount this. The chemicals can change in time. I'm sure my test said any changes after 15 min don't count. Do another one if your really wondering though.

user1467983757 Mon 11-Jul-16 18:04:22

Oh sorry i re read you took a positive one today? Congratulations for sure then

NeedACleverNN Mon 11-Jul-16 18:04:55

Did you say you took a test on Saturday and this is the result today, or you took one test Saturday and one test today?

As long as that line appears within 5 mins it's positive

madamesarcasm Mon 11-Jul-16 19:07:38

Hi yeah I took 2. One Saturday morning...faint line within 2 minutes and this was taken at lunch time today that's pretty much straight away...smile

madamesarcasm Mon 11-Jul-16 19:09:09

It's just most women get a definite + within days of a missed period and I'm only getting a faint line after 2 weeks late so I'm paranoid something is wrong!

NeedACleverNN Mon 11-Jul-16 19:09:55

Then it's definitely a positive.

What are you questioning exactly?

madamesarcasm Mon 11-Jul-16 19:18:03

Well just that its so faint and that it only came up positive after 2 weeks..but I'm glad you guys see it's a positive too. My partner could see it clearer than I could!

NeedACleverNN Mon 11-Jul-16 19:19:54

A line is a line as long as it appears within the time zone. (It usually says discard after a certain time and ignore any results)

It can take a while for the hormones to build up enough for a positive result especially if you have drunk a lot so your urine is very diluted

RaeSkywalker Mon 11-Jul-16 19:23:13

It's a BFP. You might just have ovulated later- I got my BFP nearly a week after I was expecting AF, and all the scans I've had also seem to indicate that I'm a week 'behind' where I would've expected to be. I must've ovulated later than normal.

madamesarcasm Tue 12-Jul-16 10:04:31

Yeah that's what I'm thinking because the dates seem to think I'm 5 weeks...unlikely! But took a test this morning. Definitely pregnant. Thankyou for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now