Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can the doctor actually do anything?

(4 Posts)
DoubleCarrick Mon 11-Jul-16 08:39:21

I'm only 14 weeks pregnant and feeling sorry for myself already. My back is so sore and really tight at the top of my hip bone. It must be aggravating something as I keep getting shooting pains all the way down the back of my leg.

My friend is a chiropractor and has been treating me semi regularly although has been focusing on my neck because of headaches which are thankfully starting to pass

It's getting to the point where this has been ongoing for about two weeks. Is it worth bothering the doctor? Will they actually be able to do anything or do I just need to suck it up and stop complaining?

Equally, it seems very early for a sore back?

Imnotaslimjim Mon 11-Jul-16 09:15:30

This sounds like sciatica. The dr can offer pain relief and a referral to physio to keep on top of it, though your chiropractor friend will help that. Do go and see them though, they can't help if they don't know.

DoubleCarrick Mon 11-Jul-16 09:27:01

Oh no! Isn't sciatica later in pregnancy? I'm screwed confused thankyou - I'll ring the doctors, it'll take about 2 weeks or two and a half weeks to get an appointment anyway

GiveMyHeadPeaceffs Mon 11-Jul-16 09:35:50

Could be sacroiliac pain. Try not to put to much strain on your lower back and don't stretch your legs wide. I found pregnancy yoga really helped me plus I swam a lot; front crawl not breaststroke. Mine was gone within a couple of weeks grin Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now