Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mosquito repellent?

(4 Posts)
Whatsername17 Sun 10-Jul-16 08:00:32

I'm going to Kos next weekend and TripAdvisor is telling me ill need mosquito repellent. Any ideas what is safe? I went to boots the other day and there was a warning on the back of one brand not to use in pregnancy. Any ideas? I'll be 13 weeks.

Afreshstartplease Sun 10-Jul-16 08:02:32

I used jungle formula be warned though I'm sure it made me burn more. I ended up going off advice online as found pharmacists told me I couldn't use deet, but online research told me I could and should

lilygirl81 Sun 10-Jul-16 10:14:12

I read that up to 50% DEET was ok, but not to go higher than that. The Boots own brand is excellent. Or, if you do decide to avoid DEET, there is a brand called Smidge which is getting great reviews, and I think it is a more natural one http://midge.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/smidge]

Noodledoodledoo Sun 10-Jul-16 13:03:41

I use either Mosiguard or Boots own natural version. Does say ask for Doctors guidance if pregnant but its safe on babies over 6 months and its mainly natural products. DEET attracts Mosquitos to me in their droves!! Both of these I have used in Malaria areas as well.

I used it the other night at 37 weeks - didn't even think to check!

www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharmaceuticals-Natural-Insect-Repellent-Lotion-100ml-_1132950/

www.sdlsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Mosi___Guard_Cream.html#aMosi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now