Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dropping things on belly

(11 Posts)
Cantwaittobeamum Sat 09-Jul-16 16:49:50

Hi, I'm 5 weeks and I am normally really clumsy anyway, but I seem to be getting more clumsy and dropping things on my belly. Today it was my laptop (it was angled on my knees as I was lying down and I was lowering it but it slipped) not a hard drop but enough to worry me.

I've had a missed miscarriage before and I'm really worried dropping things on it might cause something, especially being so early in. I've not really had any symptoms yet, but I'm hoping I will be reassured when I start to get them.

Any advice?

QuestionableMouse Sat 09-Jul-16 16:53:41

I wouldn't worry too much. The baby is still inside of your pelvis and is well protected! A blow hard enough to hurt the baby would really hurt you too.

Pearlman Sat 09-Jul-16 17:08:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cantwaittobeamum Sat 09-Jul-16 17:39:23

Thank you, can't really remember if it hurt, so I'm guessing that means it didn't! It didn't fall too high, i just worry too much! Thanks again

eurochick Sat 09-Jul-16 17:44:15

At 5 weeks the womb is still down in the pelvis, way below your belly area. Once it comes up it us fluid filled so the baby is well protected anyway. Try not to worry.

Thequilltosurvive Sat 09-Jul-16 17:45:43

I really wouldn't worry, baby is absolutely tiny (you're talking Poppyseed sized at 4 weeks) and very well protected. My toddler keeps clambering all over my belly and so far, still so good.

sepa Sat 09-Jul-16 19:11:50

When I was heavily pregnant my stomach hit (hard) into the steering wheel. I have rhesus negative blood so wondered if I needed another needle stab but the nurse said that wouldn't have been hard enough to warrant another injection so I would say the laptop drop was fine!

Congratulations on your pregnancy flowers

Cantwaittobeamum Sat 09-Jul-16 22:05:25

Thank you everyone. I just worry because they say risk of miscarriage is within first 12 weeks so I thought it would be worse

sepa Sat 09-Jul-16 22:26:04

There is a risk of losing a baby anytime during pregnancy but before 12 weeks is the most common time for it to happen. For you to cause injury to a baby in the womb would have to be along the lines of a car crash (this was according to hospital MW I spoke to after hitting my stomach on the steering wheel)

Patterkiller Sat 09-Jul-16 22:36:38

I fell down concrete stairs at 30 weeks and bounced on my bump 😟 All was well and the hospital reassured me how well protected babies are. She's now 13. and horrid 🤗

Cantwaittobeamum Sun 10-Jul-16 10:42:55

Thank you, and I meant highest risk. And 13! Bless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now