Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breast lump hand hold

(8 Posts)
cocothomas1234 Thu 07-Jul-16 18:21:11

Hi, So I'm 38+6 and a few weeks ago I found quite a hard painless 'bump' like a tiny little ball at the top part of my right breast between the nipple and armpit reasonably deep where things start getting 'bumpy' if that makes sense. Although my breasts are quite lumpy anyway this bump just seems slightly harder and more prominent than the others... I know that there are a lot of breast changes through pregnancy but for some reason this one is worrying me and I just need some reassurances/happy outcomes with some slightly harder bumps and lumps please, no horror stories as I'm emotional with the baby as it is! I have got an appointment with my GP tomorrow but have not been sleeping well and just wanted to talk to someone xxx

cocothomas1234 Thu 07-Jul-16 18:22:01

ps. I'm 32yo

Hopeful16 Thu 07-Jul-16 20:00:49

Hi there,

Not had this whilst pregnant but have had 2 lumps removed previously that were benign. If they agree there is a lump they will send you for scans further exploration very quickly - usually within 2 weeks- this is standard so don't panic.

It could also be a milk duct preparing itself- I have had this too.

You've done the right thing making an appointment and getting checked. Sending hugs because I know it's worrying but they'll sort whatever it is quickly and put your mind at ease.

Newlywed56 Thu 07-Jul-16 20:09:45

Yep definitely done the right thing going to get checked out. Do you notice if the lump ever changes over time of day or anything?

I found one very similar but probably not just as close to under the arm not long after giving birth and while breastfeeding which is probably why I noticed it . Turns out its glandular due to the milk production and as you could give birth any minute it's maybe just your body getting ready. I had an ultrasound done and you could actually see the denser parts due to the milk.

Ps this is one of those things too that if you can afford it I would definitely go private as a consultation and ultrasound scan may be a couple of hundred but it's the same day and will take the worry away. I would rather cut back for a month to cover it flowers hope everything goes well

Capaxapt Thu 07-Jul-16 20:44:36

I had this before I had children. My Consultant told me it would disappear when I become pregnant, which it did smile

LBNM19 Thu 07-Jul-16 22:34:13

I found a lump when I was pregnant with me 2nd son in 2014 I was 16 weeks at the time. It sent my anxiety into over drive. I ended up being referred to the hospital and had a mammogram and everything was fine. I was 24 at the time. Just insist that the GP refers you x

maddiesparks Thu 07-Jul-16 22:42:32

Hi OP. With both of my last two pregnancies (aged 31 and 35) I have had breast lumps during pregnancy. I went to the breast clinic on both occasions and had cysts drained under ultrasound on both occasions. After the birth of both babies I then developed further lumps in exactly the same place (just slightly above the left nipple) which both turned out to be blocked milk ducts. I know it's hard not to worry but chances are it's just a cyst or benign changes associated with pregnancy. Good luck flowers

allthemoomins Thu 07-Jul-16 22:46:28

I first noticed a lump 5 weeks after I gave birth and went into a blind panic. I was referred to the breast clinic who were concerned enough to request a biopsy. This showed that the lump was a fibroadenoma which is benign. I was advised that theyre really common in pregnancy and during breastfeeding.

I know how hard it is not to panic but statistically it's really likely to be nothing sinister. Apparently hugs aren't a thing on here but I'm sending you one and some chocolate for good measure chocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now